1993 CANNONDALE M600 FOR SALE

Matt888

Retro Newbie
For sale is my aged but still useable M600 Cannondale, until i went full suss about 7 years ago this was my regular ride, i am unlikely to use in anger again as my body doesnt really like being battered by hardtails anymore and having a clearout of old kit and decided she has to go to a new home. I bought it in 1993 with my student loan, its my first 'real' mtb.

Its a bit of a mix of parts, highlights:

M600 frame (pre-CAD), cantelever rear dropouts +original pepperoni forks thrown in (these have had little use as i ran suspension shortly after buying it - RShox Judy XC - which died a while ago).

2002 Marzzochi bomber forks - a bit long for the frame , but work fine. But dont 'belong on the bike, later upgrade.

Early Hope Ti rear hub - circa 1995?, on mavic xm517 - never had to replace bearings - so this may present a challenge to change - but they still run true.

The rest of the parts are all useable but not really that relevant from a 'retro' viewpoint.

Tyres - larsen TT
crank - 1/2 FSA gold anodised (second part included), other side is deore, square taper fitment - if i recall i replaced to eliminate a squeak, so might not be that much use.
Seatpost is original and nice and free in the frame - not seized in as with so many bikes this age.
Front mech - original
rear mech - more recent shimano LX - forget how old
Brakes - early V brakes - so dont 'belong' on the bike, but might suit a more recent model.
XT 8 speed rapidfire shifters - circa 2000? (guessing)

Oh one more thing, the rims are a bit concave so may need rebuilding if you wanted to ride in anything other than dry weather

Anything you want to know just ask, i will see if i can a) remember or b) go look and find out.

thanks for looking.
Matt

Attachments

• IMG_0878 - dale.JPG
    IMG_0878 - dale.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 4,784
  • IMG_0880 hope hub.JPG
    IMG_0880 hope hub.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 4,784
  • IMG_0882 - pepperoni.JPG
    IMG_0882 - pepperoni.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 4,784
update

Hi all,

size i beleive is 17.5". I am 5'9" and the setup shown is right for me (stem is a bit long but ok). I can measure tubes/standover/top tube c2c if you would like.

offers in region of £100 all in. Which seems ok given good condition of paintwork for its age (in comparison to other similar items on here).

To be honest i am having a clearout and will be pleased to see someone get some pleasure out of owning it and using it.

please tell me if you think this is steep as i have not researched much.

cheers
Matt

Back