1993 Cannondale M1000

Love the bike geez im doing one as we speak ;] the only thing i couldnt get were chainrings ;[ until i contacted Middleburn who sorted me out athe middle and outer rings, geez worth every penny they are unreal, i hope this helps if ever you have the same problem, regards vinny p.s also 44 teeth instead of 42 which does make a differce as the old 42 used to slip every now and then.

Hello and welcome to Retrobike Vinny :)

Glad you like my Dale, would be nice to see some pics of your build when you can.

chrisv40":3fxmo8cy said:
feetabix":3fxmo8cy said:
It was this post that inspired my build some months agochris......I too went for v's above the prospect of sourcing and setting up the 40's.....I'm glad I did ....

I agree, V's may not be period correct but they make life a lot easier.

Grrr... I wish I'd read this post before now - I've spent ages searching for Force 40s to put my M2000 back to factory spec - I ended up buying another 'Dale just for the brakes :oops: Hmmm...I haven't put them on yet, so not sure whether to leave the XT V's on there (from the previous owner) or put the Force 40s on after reading your comments. If so, I'll have to change the levers as the Canti levers are still on and you have to squash your fingers to get any stopping action to happen

I feel I should put the 40s on given the trouble I've gone to to source them...

Go for it, you might find them a lot less hassle than I did.

I found that one canti always seemed to be nearly touching the rim and that was really annoying me and spoiling my enjoyment of the bike.

I had the Dale out for a fairly long ride yesterday in the baking heat :)

P1040279.jpg

hiya fella, ever considered an ahead stem for your dale? i,m 6,5 and sometimes feel a bit cramped so a really clever bloke at pdl welding and fabrication in Portsmouth made me an extender from hell fella lol, ive now got an onza 180mm reach stem, changes everything fella ;] kindest regards vinny

Re:

Thread necromancy, I know, but here it is as a fixie (ENO hub) in 2008, near the end of that year's Dunwich Dynamo. Did 132 miles that night, all-in. It has dipped its front tyre in the North Sea so, if you fancy next year's Dun Run, it knows the way.

Schmidt SON28 dynamo hub, too...don't see many of them on MTBs.

dunrun6 by rogerzilla, on Flickr

Back