1993 Cannondale M1000

From one Dale lover to another.. lovely ride there. Glad your Force 40s work well.... I'm having a nightmare setting mine up on my '93 Beast of the East :cry:

:oops: Take a look at the last pic I have put up.

Its got Avid V's with Xt levers now.

I couldnt get on with the Force 40 set up at all and it was spoiling my enjoyment of the bike.

Take my advice stick some V's on and enjoy it ;)

I just found them a pain to set up and they needed constant adjusting which annoyed me as I hate anything that isnt set up perfectly and reliably.

I know the V's arent period correct but they letme ride and enjoy the bike now :D

1st ride of the year on the Dale today and despite not being happy with the crank length it still rode beautifully :)

The kevlar Porcs have made it a feel a bit more lively too, the Smoke & Dart that were on have seen one winter too many unfortunately and are going to the tip :(

Some slightly better pics -

ABCD0019-1.jpg

ABCD0018-2.jpg

ABCD0017-2.jpg

ABCD0020-2.jpg

It was this post that inspired my build some months agochris......I too went for v's above the prospect of sourcing and setting up the 40's.....I'm glad I did ....

feetabix":1tws7fvz said:
It was this post that inspired my build some months agochris......I too went for v's above the prospect of sourcing and setting up the 40's.....I'm glad I did ....

I agree, V's may not be period correct but they make life a lot easier.

Back