1993/94 NTI Rock Lobster™ ..the poor mans Bontrager

Re: My trip down memory lane… NTI Rock Lobster

Retro Spud":3aowvwv4 said:
back in the day I'm sure VW did a Golf GTI/MK2 Scirocco in forest Green that looked of the scale cool

Oh yes. I remember those. :cool:

images

The History Man":37c2sj8s said:

sorry THM.... You see FALL is shorter than Autumn and easier to use and "Mid Atlantic". :D

however Pg1 - line One has now been duly Edited :D

cherrybomb":37c2sj8s said:
Retro Spud":37c2sj8s said:
back in the day I'm sure VW did a Golf GTI/MK2 Scirocco in forest Green that looked of the scale cool

images

That's a MK1 Scirocco, Nicer than the MK2 in my opinion

a quick search on line and it was Oak Green that VW used back in the day on both MK2 Golf/Scirocco which is more akin to British Racing Green than the above pic.

Retro Spud":2sh4vzwc said:
The History Man":2sh4vzwc said:

sorry THM.... You see FALL is shorter than Autumn and easier to use and "Mid Atlantic". :D

however Pg1 - line One has now been duly Edited :D

cherrybomb":2sh4vzwc said:
Retro Spud":2sh4vzwc said:

images

That's a MK1 Scirocco, Nicer than the MK2 in my opinion

a quick search on line and it was Oak Green that VW used back in the day on both MK2 Golf/Scirocco which is more akin to British Racing Green than the above pic.

They did a BRG in the Mk 1 Golf GTI too. I know they did, cos I had a ride in one not long after they first came out.

I'd love and original Mk 1 with the 1.6 motor.

English men who use ‘fall’ casually for a seasonal designation should definitely be ‘mid-Atlantic’. With heavy objects strapped to them.

Re: Rock Lobster

here is my 2000 RL Team DH Reynolds 853, only 5 made, posted to show you the color, interesting gusset. It's a great XC ride

Attachments

• 1996 Dean FS protype 006.JPG
    1996 Dean FS protype 006.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 867
Re:

Here's my inspiration for going Metallic green...... although I'm going Green and Black XT

Admittedly this is a REAL Paul Sadoff (early) Rock Lobster rather than a later NTI far Eastern import, but hey

Attachments

• Sadoff Rock Lobster.jpeg
    Sadoff Rock Lobster.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 729
Re: Rock Lobster

That is a beauty..I had a Rl expert which is the off-shore made frame, Paul said that they were about 80-90% of the quality of his frames but at 1/3 the price.

Back