1992 Scott Super Evolution Project, (FINISHED!!)

i love this one.
It was in the showroom where i bought my first real MTB a Scott Pro Only ,..because i did not have the money for this one

ahh,the great money issues... i don't suppose you could assist me with ideas on the build please? since this is going to be my first full retro build up?

mikeekim89":1ffsdskk said:
ahh,the great money issues... i don't suppose you could assist me with ideas on the build please? since this is going to be my first full retro build up?

I would go for an all XT build with black Syncros Stem and seatpost.
The frame colors are bright enough

hmm. i might go for the syncros, but i'm thinking stx over xt, since i have virtually a full gearset of stx spare the cranks are lx right now though, i'm going to swap hem soon. i think it kicks with the frame paint and rings. i would go for full xt/xtr if i had enough spare money for it.

I have to agree my friend they are lovely. and there's the possibility this could come up on here for sale if i have no space for it when i've finally built all of my bikes. :)

STX is too new and low end for this frame in my opinion, 1992 vintage XT stuff does come up for good money every so often, you just have to be patient, and if you sell the STX stuff to help fund it you will be surprised how far along the way you might get before spending too much money, do you have another bike you can ride in the mean time?

no, i don't have another, and i'm going to be looking for parts that're XT as i get money, but i'm only getting EMA which is £30 a week, so. it's a bit difficult

what size front derrailleur do you need? TP od DP?
i have some, i might be able to help you out there

umm, from what i can tall my friend, it's a Top Pull 34.9mm since i have the other 2 sizes and they don't fit the tube. how exactly do i measure the size of the fitting? i know i have a small fitting deraillaur and a mid size one that are too small.

i have a new set of forks ordered using this weeks money and i have some spare rims coming off one of the un-working zaskar's so i'll get them laced at some point. it's starting to come together. :)

Back