1992 Scott Super Evolution Project, (FINISHED!!)

i would snap that up at that money.......great memorable paint job,would make a great project......91/92 for the year,rare too with the elevated stays..........enjoy!!

scottrider":2jzpobrl said:
This is a very nice frame, same as the team bike used, hear is a video, full spec can be seen, if u want to sell let me know! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBs8gwATTOM its a 1991
indeed Yuo're believing Youtube, not oryginal catalogues.... :shock:

Just look for graphics - in 91 Scott's headtubes has this signature:
IMG_0157.JPG

vertical inscription "SCOTT" was in 92 & 93

And another thing - 91 had links routed sideways, 92 was links on top of toptube etc, etc
here is photo of 91 Super Evo if You still have doubts
1045Scott_Evo_Alu.jpg

Unfortunetly - Youtube is not a oracle..... :p

Ok, So i bought it. for a grand total £15 :D i'm working on plans for it at the minute. I'm thinking STX RC & LX mix for now. with maybe little bits of XTR to give it the more racey lok when i find some for good money. First on the list though is a new Manitou Easton fork. since the one i have right now is shot. a few pics now. more tomorrow afternoon i think. if i can get off the BB plastics i got stuck in there trying to take the thing off :$ Hopefully i'll have her looking like a bike though tomorrow :) just up as something of a rider then i'll get it too BITD status as i go with other projects

In the PDF of the Scott catalogue, in the Super-Evo write up, it says

"Shimano Deore XT-Top Shifters und Stratocaster Kabelfuhrung"

is it recommended using guitar strings to try and save even more weight?

:LOL: :LOL: maybe my friend, but i'll risk a couple of extra .oz :) i got some more done today, nothing like what i hoped though, i had too take off the crank from another bike clean it up and get it on to this toy. but the moody bugger wouldn't get off. so i only got too get the cranks off without the BB and clean it up some. pics of some parts i'm going to use below :) i might use my STX cranks though as opposed to the lx cranks i have spare currently. i'm thinking they'll look better with the middleburn rings on. anyone have any ideas?

she was sat in the shop till thursday night my friend. the guy forgot about her so i took a shot at it :). it's difficult to build her up since i have no working rims forks brakes or money :/ i get payed at the weekend, so i'm going to go onto the evilbay if i see nothing i want in the forsale threads :D

Back