1992 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt

late to the party, but glad to have made it. congrats Pete!!! ;)

looks a lot like this one that had been posted on MTBR. it has a "Built by" decal near the seat tube junction, which in your CL ad, looks to be present to.

http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro-cl ... 64433.html

Attachments

• 668891d1327439770-rocky-mountain-thunderbolt-img_4615.jpg
    668891d1327439770-rocky-mountain-thunderbolt-img_4615.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 619
Re:

Very close Frank. But the one from MTBR was fillet brazed. Mine is tig. Otherwise, yes, they look a helluva lot alike. The serial numbers are only off by 3 as well. (At least I think that's the case, I saw a pic of mine but I'm not 100 percent sure on the serial).

It's scheduled to arrive a week from today. Maybe earlier if I'm lucky.

so does yours have a "hand built" decal? does it state the builder, or just the generic "in Canada" only?

Re:

I think it's just the generic one. Not the one with 'Bill B' or 'Chris DeKerf'. I think those decals were earlier. This one seems to be a late 1992 with mostly 1993 parts on it. I'm still learning about it though. Still a long week before it's in my hands.

Received her this week. Then had to travel for 3 days out of town! I'll post some pics later in the week. The frame is even better than I had hoped.

The fork is crusty, too much corrosion to even attempt to save it. Luckily a much nicer one should be here this week.

The seat post is 2nd gen Syncros, very nice. The saddle is the perforated variety with a Race Face shoulder holder.

The rest was as expected. All XT m73x. I think the XT is going to go on my Hammer which just went out for a powder coat. And the m900 on the Hammer will go on this beauty.

Back