1992 Rocky Mountain Cirrus (First Post)

Feel free to make as many changes as you like =)

Some of mine are 100% original and others are far from it...

Here's my Experience (close to cirrus) with amp forks and a modern XTR m950 group set.

shutter":2om2w5ph said:
Feel free to make as many changes as you like =)

Some of mine are 100% original and others are far from it...

Here's my Experience (close to cirrus) with amp forks and a modern XTR m950 group set.

I love those shocks! I have a U-shaped aluminum piece attached to the front brakes to help keep the two sides of the RockShox from flexing independently, but those old AMPs wouldn't have that problem.

Anyone know how many Cirrus \ Experience frames were produced? I'm aware they are slightly different frames, but the elevated chain stays (my favourite design feature) are pretty unique, at least on a rigid frame.

Re:

Mines (Experience) not even close to being finished or rideable at the moment. Took me 2 years to find the exact seatpost and little over 1 to find a Tange Big fork with enough steerer tube for my 19! Argh.....

Re: Re:

Chickenball":1dja4622 said:
Mines (Experience) not even close to being finished or rideable at the moment. Took me 2 years to find the exact seatpost and little over 1 to find a Tange Big fork with enough steerer tube for my 19! Argh.....

Same here, but after getting the steer lengthened on the big tange fork and finally finding the correct Syncros post I decided to go the race face / amp route instead.. So now the fork and post are hanging out in my shop =)

Re:

Hey, not sure how many of you have subscribed to this, but will post here before I post in the main forum:

I've noticed that my Rocky mountain decals are starting to wear off. Where are you all getting your replacement decals? I might have a buddy who can print me new ones, but I'd need to give him the exact font, size, etc... is there an easier way?

downtube "Rocky Mountain" decals and head/seat tube logos you can give jimbotoad a try here on RBUK. he might have what you need. model names you'd have to get reproductions made. i've done some artwork for a few of my bikes, including replicating top tube model, RM downtube and logos, but have yet to find a printer i want to commit to printing them for me.

Thanks. You don't happen to have actual fonts or anything that you used to create some of your work? Or was it all done by hand?

Jet Black":1al2oxd1 said:
Thanks. You don't happen to have actual fonts or anything that you used to create some of your work? Or was it all done by hand?

One of the Futura fonts was about right from memory, you'll need to customise the slope. At least on the ones I did.

Might have some Altitude one in Corel Draw/Illustrator (I forget which I did it in)

Have a search though there may be a pdf of the one of the Alu E-satys up.

Back