1992 Rocky Mountain Altitude

Hi Ed,

Very nice Altitude. These were one of the 1st Rockies I encountered back in the day ....and sure I liked them :D

Will build an awesome rig for the OW.

Thanks chaps, somehow I feel almost a sense of duty not to screw this one up but I've never been a slave to either period correctness, or, indeed, the rhythm.

The Powerlites are at the local framebuilder getting the steerer extended. They are in cracking condition so should look just so. Pragmatically with it being a 1 1/8th steerer I'm going non period with ahead (easier to get a headset plus I have a NOS, 1 1/8th zero degree 150mm black Syncros stem that will do good duty up front).

Following that, I completely agree that M735/6 is the way to go although I've got some low profile XT cantis that are slightly newer (for the life of me I can't find an M number on them though).

I'm messing it up already, aren't I?

ededwards":6u87khf5 said:
Thanks chaps, somehow I feel almost a sense of duty not to screw this one up but I've never been a slave to either period correctness, or, indeed, the rhythm.

The Powerlites are at the local framebuilder getting the steerer extended. They are in cracking condition so should look just so. Pragmatically with it being a 1 1/8th steerer I'm going non period with ahead (easier to get a headset plus I have a NOS, 1 1/8th zero degree 150mm black Syncros stem that will do good duty up front).

Following that, I completely agree that M735/6 is the way to go although I've got some low profile XT cantis that are slightly newer (for the life of me I can't find an M number on them though).

I'm messing it up already, aren't I?

You're doing swell big guy!

It's when we start hearing talk of the mavic 631 chainset and frogslegs brakes we'll start worrying.

nope, you're making it your own..
And Pickles little one has sat on one far more messed up... he didn't seem to mind :)

Though if you get bored of the boring black Syncros forks....<whistles>

Put it this way, you cannot mess it up. Look in the catalogue, look a the picture, then look at the listing of what's on it. Neither are the same so if Rocky Mountain couldn't figure it out then what hope has even the mighty Ed's wisdom got.

Oh and aheadset is perfectly period correct, been around since 1991 ;)

Ah good, so not completely cocked it up yey (although a 'wet white' 720mm Spank bar and stubby stem is an option that cannot be dismissed out of hand).

Headset likely to be a black King as I have one lying about (as you do) but would be better to perhaps have something a little earlier.

Picked up the Powerlites yesterday with a fresh 1 1/8th threadless steerer (260mm :shock: ), the shop did a great job.

Still time to mess up the build though as it needs to be ready for MM and riding in Andy 'Rocky Mountain' Court's crack team.

Attachments

• Powerlite2.jpg
    Powerlite2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 840
  • Powerlite1.jpg
    Powerlite1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 840
Brilliant frame, favourite colourscheme. This is going to be a stunner :D Looking forward to see it completed.

Cheers,
Ben

Back