1992 Pace RC200 Mavic Build

Nice to see a Mavic build and hidden bling you would hardly notice.

Is there no way to get the rear rocker to work better?
I can think of a few ideas but not sure of the setup of them.

Weirdly there was an F6 or F7 that I saw riding around Wellington :)

Also seen a RC300 in our local bike shop in for a service, funny small world we live in :D

I think what most surprises me with this build is the weight factor...pretty heavy, at a guess 25lbs if not a little more, possibly the solid billet alloy extension in my seatpost contributes a fair bit to that, but the wheels are pretty hefty also.

Still, love it to bits, and Mavic bits look the biz

Fluffy - in essence exactly the same as the rocker on the RC35, think I may have been a bit of a spaz in my set up of it, will have a fettle with it and let you know :)

Rich

Not sure how it'll get better how it is. If you hadn't crossed the cable on the seatube it may have given a better angle.
But if you could flip it and have the main cable go in the left side using a clamp on cable stop. Then clamp half a quick release straddle cable on the right side.
You could get the symmetric look of the front and the correct cable pull.

Lovely balanced build that... :cool:

For me, personally it's crying out for maguras, but I'm just weird

sweet as a box of figs in a sugar plantation

worth the dedication and OCD it must have taken to acquire all of that.

Some sharper (newer) amberwalls might be a finishing touch worth all the work to date (timbuk II's or even charge splashbacks for riding?)

lovely tho all the same
And

Thanks for all the comments guys :) think your right Fluffy, angle on the main cable is too shallow, will sort it and the other cable out :)

I have a pair of white ESIgrips to put on, but wonder if it'll be overkill on the white front :S

Rich

Cheers mate, they work a treat aswell, how's your RC100 these days?

Rich

Back