1992 Orange Clockwork. *Update, 21/04/24.*

Re:

I've had my share Calum that's for sure! :facepalm:

This is the best orange/white I've had, beating both the other Clockwork and beauty Prestige. I've had a purple C16 that came very close condition wise and my old Vitamin T looked like new but I reckon this is the cleanest. Guess that's why I can't let it go, even though it's done very little for years.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":1mvn2rix said:
I've had my share Calum that's for sure! :facepalm:

This is the best orange/white I've had, beating both the other Clockwork and beauty Prestige. I've had a purple C16 that came very close condition wise and my old Vitamin T looked like new but I reckon this is the cleanest. Guess that's why I can't let it go, even though it's done very little for years.

No need to let it go.. especially given how many Oranges you’ve had. You would certainly regret selling that one mate. Its healthy to keep some retro goodness. :D

That's great timing as I was actually tinkering with this the other day!

Saddle came with the bike, it clear has not had much use. The Suntour has fallen by the wayside as a mixture of modern builds and car clutch necessitated some sales. I'd replaced the thumbies with some mint XC Pro but they then were sold to finance a bargain set of new forks a couple of months ago which kind of broke the build. The crank and rear mech were sold in the last week or so.

So we're going back to XT except for the wheels and brakes. I started building it yesterday so will take some pictures. Happy with this decision as my retro collection has slimmed right down and I have a Clockwork with LX, another with Deore so this one completes the collection. Never bothered with Suntour bitd, XT was the holly grail so makes sense to use on my best bike.:cool:

That's great timing as I was actually tinkering with this the other day!

Saddle came with the bike, it clear has not had much use. The Suntour has fallen by the wayside as a mixture of modern builds and car clutch necessitated some sales. I'd replaced the thumbies with some mint XC Pro but they then were sold to finance a bargain set of new forks a couple of months ago which kind of broke the build. The crank and rear mech were sold in the last week or so.

So we're going back to XT except for the wheels and brakes. I started building it yesterday so will take some pictures. Happy with this decision as my retro collection has slimmed right down and I have a Clockwork with LX, another with Deore so this one completes the collection. Never bothered with Suntour bitd, XT was the holly grail so makes sense to use on my best bike.:cool:

I only have the 1 bike .. the clockwork I have is exact same as my brother had back in mid 90s.. his was all xt back then and if I remember correctly xt was always the best... only reason mine has the suntour is because it came with that and I decided to keep it as it was.. i added some brand new xt blocks and was confused when I seen the price 😂 I thought they were a bit expensive but are brand new in the box.

I look forward to seeing what you do and a few pics 👍

Finally getting around to finishing this one as I want to show it at the Orange demo day soon. It's only really needed cables for ages so I need to pull my finger out!

The tyres might change to Ground Control's, as original spec, if I can clean the pair I have well enough. I'll be swapping the seat post for a better version of the same too. I've toyed with changing this to M560 LX, as per the MBUK article bitd as I have a very tidy full group set on another Clockwork but we'll see. Need to finish this one first!

Photo 21-04-2024, 14 00 00.jpg Photo 21-04-2024, 14 00 09.jpg Photo 21-04-2024, 14 00 23.jpg Photo 21-04-2024, 14 00 37.jpg

Back