1992 Merlin Project

Mmmm lovely !
Inspiration for me to get on with mine but its going to be a bit different to yours though. Expect everyone will hate it compared to this beauty.
BTW where did you get the new decals from ? Mine are a bit tatty - its currently a erlin anium :LOL:

The decals came from Velocals. Pricey but worth it - http://www.velocals.com/servlet/the-38/ ... cal/Detail

And the Rob Vandermark decal came from Spencer on here who also sells them on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Replacement-Merli ... 500wt_1156

I need to get two more of the Titanium decals ordered from velocals as I've put mine too far from the head tube :oops: .

I've also put up a wanted ad for a Pace stem/steerer combo but it could be a long search. They are rare enough as it is let alone finding one in my size. Gonna look out for an alternative stem in the meantime ;) .

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for that - quite pricey indeed ! :shock:
I have ordered some from Spencer but these don't seem to include the seattube decal or full headtube detail so if you only need the "TITANIUM" ones from the Velocals sheet then maybe we could split the costs ?

The 1" steerer is a bit of a pain for stems and forks - I have gone for Pace myself in the shape of RC38 Airforce which might bring the nose up a bit ? And also have a Syncros Cattleprod but in black which looks a bit oversize but Merlin + Syncros is just how its meant to be I think. Interested to see what option you find.

Fudd":2q7707qa said:
And the Rob Vandermark decal came from Spencer on here who also sells them on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Replacement-Merli ... 500wt_1156

I got my chain stay Rob Vandermark decal from the man himself

5538731586_21cbcf8f9f_b.jpg

cheers

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
bmx4130crmo":3st8kzp6 said:
I got my chain stay Rob Vandermark decal from the man himself

I've seen your build thread and that is very cool. I expect other Merlin owners will now be turning up at bike shows with their frames for the same treatment :cool:

trek_y":k22b094m said:
If you only need the "TITANIUM" ones from the Velocals sheet then maybe we could split the costs ?

I'd be up for that but I also think you'd be better using the full Velocals set on your frame. The Velocals are pretty close to original where as Spencers kit uses laser cut vinyl and I'm not sure they are the correct size, maybe a bit larger than they should be. I wasn't too bothered about it as I only wanted the RV decal...

See what you think when they show up and if you still want to split costs on the Velocals, or even get two extra titanium decals included, then send me a PM ;)

trek_y":31q7d2jy said:
The 1" steerer is a bit of a pain for stems and forks - I have gone for Pace myself in the shape of RC38 Airforce which might bring the nose up a bit ? And also have a Syncros Cattleprod but in black which looks a bit oversize but Merlin + Syncros is just how its meant to be I think. Interested to see what option you find.

I've gone with a 1" threadless setup and used a shim to use a 1-1/8" stem. I went this route because of a MUST USE stem I had acquired even before I started my Merlin project. ;)

http://retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 0&start=80

Decided to go with M730 pedals instead. I put a wanted ad up for some nice ones on here but I could only find well used or the nos silly money ones on ebay. I decided to buy good but well used for much cheapness and start polishing....
I've also sourced a flite saddle and some almost nos m900 cantis and I have a 100mm salsa stem and oury grips to finish it off as soon as the 2nut headset conversion kit arrives from the states :cool: .
Eventually I'd like a pace one piece stem/steerer combo and merlin bars to truly finish it but I'm not holding my breath waiting for these to appear soon...

Some recent pics and more to follow when the salsa stem gets fitted :)

20110508-P1010413.jpg

20110508-P1010423.jpg

20110508-P1010416.jpg

20110508-P1010420.jpg

nice! :cool: like the polish pedals! i have a few sets, maybe i should give that a go on one of my sets.

btw, what HS spacers are those if you don't mind me asking?

Latest posts

Back