1992 Kona Explosif Pro - SOLD

Giom6

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
SOLD
----
Right, even though I've only just finished this I need some cash and room for another in coming bike that will be a keeper, so unfortunately this needs to go.

I'll check frame size later but I think its 16"

The spec is as per the 92 catalogue but a quick run down here:

Kona Explosif Pro frame, original P2 forks all re-powdercoated in gloss black and silver sparkle lacquered to get the metallic look. Velocity stem and Kona 165 handlebar – resprayed and new decals on both. Kona Avocet saddle – its got a few scuffs but is in really good condition. Joe Murray combo cage (from CA) in excellent condition and still has the levers and puncture kit :cool:

Seatpost is the original o-beam that I have cleaned up and applied new decals that I got Gil to do.

Gears are all Suntour XC Pro in mint condition. Most of it was NOS until it was mounted. Pedals are used but in good nick XC Pro's and they have used Joe's Clips on.

Wheels are the spec Araya RM 400 Pro XC rims (NOS from the US) and XC Pro hubs (also from the US). Wheels were made about 2 months ago and the tyres are the original spec Joe Murray Equilibrium and Propulsion.

One thing to note is the seat post is only a 26.4 and should be a 27.00 (but I couldn't find one anywhere!). I have got a cheappo 27.00 seat post that I was going to use if I rode it and I've just used the 26.4 for the photos. I'll include the other post in the sale.

A couple of pics below but please see the thread for additional pics and info (page 4):

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=284137&hilit=explosif+pro

I think thats all (if I missed anything let me know) apart from the price.

Its taken a long time and effort to get the bits together so looking for £875 (+postage). I know it sounds a lot but its less than what I've outlaid for everything.

Would prefer collection but happy to post.

Questions welcomed if you have any.
----
SOLD

Re:

Noooo!...there goes my viewing next spring! ;)

Re: Re:

bunzra":3a8bjkad said:
beautiful job mate!!

just wanted to ask where you got your xc pro chainset?
Thank you.

Luckily found it on here after putting up a wanted add.

If you've got the cash bricklane bikes has a NOS one the last time I checked.

Re: Re:

Giom6":8ea6dvee said:
bunzra":8ea6dvee said:
beautiful job mate!!

just wanted to ask where you got your xc pro chainset?
Thank you.

Luckily found it on here after putting up a wanted add.

If you've got the cash bricklane bikes has a NOS one the last time I checked.

Re:

A lovely build and your normal attention to detail there Gio. Having spent the best part of a year and what ended up being a huge amount of cash finding nos xc pro myself, I reckon that's actually keenly priced.

....I like the saddle best :D :D

Back