1992 Kona Cinder Cone

It may be a powder coat that’s not original but it sure came up lovely :)

I just need to tidy up the black paint on the stem and then the re build can begin.

I thought the '91 had fixed seat clamp and the '92 had a collar, making yours a '91 ;)

Mark

mkone":1oqkuyq1 said:
I thought the '91 had fixed seat clamp and the '92 had a collar, making yours a '91 ;)

Mark

Bought as a 92 with nearly new condition paint, still going to be a lovely bike regardless :LOL:

Minifreak":2kxgnxqd said:
mkone":2kxgnxqd said:

Mark

Bought as a 92 with nearly new condition paint, still going to be a lovely bike regardless :LOL:

Yes, still same frame and didnt notice until someone pointed it out :)

Like the pedals btw, could do with them myself :cool:

Re:

The grease nipple was original. The dog collar wasn’t though. I managed to stretch the metal one on. It should have had a plastic one which bolts around the seat tube but couldn’t get one for love or money at the time.

Re: Re:

konacarl":2znfz0pz said:
The grease nipple was original. The dog collar wasn’t though. I managed to stretch the metal one on. It should have had a plastic one which bolts around the seat tube but couldn’t get one for love or money at the time.

Thanks for that, I’ll try and get another grease nipple at some point. Wonder if one from a classic Mini radius arm will fit? Got a spare kicking about somewhere :LOL:

Stem given a bit of a tidy up with satin black paint.

This build may be taking a turn at some point soon depending on negotiations across the pond ;)

Minifreak":by6azndm said:
hamster":by6azndm said:
Suntour didn't do SE cantis for the front for fear of them locking the front wheel as far as I know. Only the Pedersen ones were available in a front version.

What cantis did they use on the front for XC Pro level? I’d ideally like to get some.

Just normal XC Pro (non-SE) is all I have ever seen. They were nice gloss black to match.

hamster":3jg7q3k9 said:
Minifreak":3jg7q3k9 said:
hamster":3jg7q3k9 said:
Suntour didn't do SE cantis for the front for fear of them locking the front wheel as far as I know. Only the Pedersen ones were available in a front version.

What cantis did they use on the front for XC Pro level? I’d ideally like to get some.

Just normal XC Pro (non-SE) is all I have ever seen. They were nice gloss black to match.

Thank you, still on the hunt but my attention had been drawn to a larger part of the build. I am just awaiting a postage price on this :facepalm:

Back