1992 Klein Adroit

Re: '92 Klein Adroit

Reading Mountain Bike Action back in the day Klein was my dream bike, nothing else really came close. Not sure I ever saw one in the flesh. Yeti's with Grafton & RIngle hanging off of them was probably next in line. And Nukeproof hubs were wow, carbon fibre (even if it is wrapped around ali).

Did some searching on the cantis and think they might be Bike-Tech's, made in Germany in the early to mid 90's.

Things are slowly coming together. So far I have:

• Rear mech: XTR M900
  • Front mech: XTR M900 (NOS, waiting to arrive)
  • Levers/Shifters: XTR M900 (NOS)
  • Canti's: Bike-Tech, silver (I think)

• Wheels
  • Rims: Campagnolo Stheno 32h (NOS)
  • Hubs: Nukeproof BombProof (NOS)
  • Spokes: Sapim DB
  • Skewers: Nukeproof Ti (NOS)
  • Tyres: Panaracer Smoke & Dart Re-Issue

Main thing missing is chainset but could use it as a posh balance bike! There are plenty of modern temporary options for seatposts, may well end up with a Thomson Elite/Masterpiece at this rate.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to cheat and go modern with cassette and chain. Don't want used and not paying silly money for NOS. The prices I've paid for the NOS parts hasn't been much more than some are asking for second hand.

In case you don't know what M900 levers/shifters look like ;) they arrived today.

Attachments

• M900-Levers-Shifters.jpg
    M900-Levers-Shifters.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 436
Re: Re:

I'd prefer a period correct post but not too bothered about the cassette. A PG850 costs £13.50, the NOS M900's I've seen people are asking £150+, for something that wears out it seems a bit of a waste. Same as I wouldn't consider paying the silly money some NOS tyres go for. If one pops up with a less insane price I'd likely get it though.

Treacle, You'll be glad to hear I've bought a very, very, very low mileage, minty M900 cassette. I'll blame you when it jumps in every gear ;)

14525479012_72b2d867cc_c.jpg

Re:

Found cranks, Syncros Revolution's, looks like they're in excellent condition but we'll see when they arrive. So getting there, would still like a period correct post and nice canti carriers but could make do to get it up and running.

Back