1992 GT Avalanche True Temper GTX groove tube for resto £50!

reanimation

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
:idea: 1992 GT Avalanche - True Temper GTX Groove Tube frame, Triple Trak Plus multi position forks, Flip Flop stem, cut down seatpost and brake guides.

It's an 18 inch in GT's book but really is a 20 inch seat tube, reasonably long. I used to ride this size back in the day but now I prefer bigger.
I've had this a while in storage with a view to restoring it, and I've got a larger GT now.
It needs new paint and powdercoat and really needs to be fully stripped first to see the extent of the surface rust and assess any repairs that may be needed, it appears to be solid, the chainstay bridge is one of the worst areas. I've tried to take pics of it, seat post and stem are not stuck but the crank is stuck so far. I've not got involved as I need to save time and space and money for other projects. So if you fancy this as a resto project or even DIY paint as a cool ghetto commuter or handy resource for TTT forks and flip flop. I'm only after £50ono plus postage for a quick easy sale
If not sold soon it's coming to Manchester Jumble with me.

:idea: 1992? Saracen Kili Racer Frame only
Small, I'll try measure up but I think it's 17" with a 20.5" top tube
It's great but too small for me so I'll fund buying another with the sale of this.
I've not cleaned it before pics but looks like a decent honest classic frame - Handbuilt in England?
Sold

Register interest here and Pm if you like
Bits for sale:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NUWFX ... 5x10WJNbnX

Re:

Sorry, scrap my interest, for some reason when I first looked I thought it was a frame and fork, my bad :oops:

Re: Re:

nstarmore":j2t497hg said:
Sorry, scrap my interest, for some reason when I first looked I thought it was a frame and fork, my bad :oops:

No Probs I did have a fork and the lad I got it from wanted the fork back and I think I ended up leaving it at my old storage a few years ago. I've searched and can't find it. It's 1 and 1/8 steerer and only needs to be fairly short too. Good opportunity for retro suspension or exotic rigids.

Re: 1992 Frameset - GT Avalanche groov and Saracen Kili Racer E

Hi.
Interested in Saracen if its a 17.5"
PM sent.
Thanks

Re: Re:

nstarmore":2fup830x said:
Yeh still tempting to be honest, pop the measurements up when you have them and i'll have a think.
:D
Hey, it's got a 17 and half inch seat tube, actual top tube centre of head tube top to centre of seat tube is about just over 20 and half inches or 52.5 cm virtual straight line would be longer.
Head tube is 10cm and chain stay virtual length is about 42cm
Cheers

Latest posts

Back