1992 Funk Pro Comp - Update 18/07/11

Well, the frame was dropped off at the sprayers yesterday with a pic of what to aim for.... Apologies if it's anyone's on here that I've pinched but pretty much the only pic I could find anywhere of a green Funk:

funky117-1.jpg

The main difference will be mine will be chrome with a green tint in the laquer... Should be interesting! :twisted:

We haven't decided yet.... With the repair having been done we're not sure yet if it will help hide it or not..... At the moment I'm erring at leaving them plain but, I won't lie, I actually quite like them painted in the green :oops:

That's gonna look nice as in green, you got any idea on the forks yet?

Really looking forward to seeing this built up, those brakes still look retro even though they're not so won't look out of place.

:cool:

ratcapa":38nck6y6 said:
That's gonna look nice as in green, you got any idea on the forks yet?

Really looking forward to seeing this built up, those brakes still look retro even though they're not so won't look out of place.

:cool:

Have an idea on forks... Rigid and carbon at the mo.

Many thanks :)...If the brakes don't suit I'll swap them for silver Paul Motolites currently on my Mantra :cool:

Good luck with the Funk! My long term project Funk is almost ready to get really started, been collecting parts on and off for a couple of years now. It was green, currently red but will be as close to the original green as possible, including drop outs as that was how it came originally.
I contacted Daryl Funk a couple of years back to get the colour code but he said it was a special brew from House of Kolor at the time and no record was kept. I tried HoK but no reply.
Going with Campag all silver as I built it back in 91, as close as I can anyway, can't see I will get white Porcs!
By the way, I won the Funk suspension forks from the same guy, really pleased with them, gave up on finding rigid ones!

Vinevo":1vtcwyjr said:
Good luck with the Funk! My long term project Funk is almost ready to get really started, been collecting parts on and off for a couple of years now. It was green, currently red but will be as close to the original green as possible, including drop outs as that was how it came originally.
I contacted Daryl Funk a couple of years back to get the colour code but he said it was a special brew from House of Kolor at the time and no record was kept. I tried HoK but no reply.
Going with Campag all silver as I built it back in 91, as close as I can anyway, can't see I will get white Porcs!
By the way, I won the Funk suspension forks from the same guy, really pleased with them, gave up on finding rigid ones!

Cheers mate, good luck with yours to :cool:. I've decided to go with the dropouts painted as alot of the original pics I've found (not of green though) have had them painted, plus I think the ones left raw suit the darker colours better.
Congrats on getting the forks! The frame was in far better nick than I expected so I hope the forks were the same? Will be good to see another getting built around the same time as mine.

Cheers.
Alex.

Back