1992 FUNK Combat Titanium - The elitist Elevated Unicorn Owners Club

Swede, the high end bike shop back in these days (in Frankfurt) most likely was Storck Bicycles GmbH, Frankfurt. Markus Storck parents bike shop that he grew up in. I am sure I dont need to explain much about Markus Storck :) They were the largest KLEIN, etc. importeurs for Europe basically.

That's the chap... I was surprised that there's not much about him on the forum but hopefully someone reading this will know more. If not, let's hope the email I sent him gets a response.

Swede, the high end bike shop back in these days (in Frankfurt) most likely was Storck Bicycles GmbH, Frankfurt. Markus Storck parents bike shop that he grew up in. I am sure I dont need to explain much about Markus Storck :) They were the largest KLEIN, etc. importeurs for Europe basically.
I have one ;) IMG_5892.JPG

Thats true ...that period / version of the logo - as well as many other things at Funk ate pretty similar to the pre 1994 (decals) KLEIN stuff. Like font and forks.

Another package has arrived from the previous owner! Including:

* The original FUNK Suspension Fork II
* FUNK Suspension Fork II manual & warranty card.
* The original invoice / bill of the bike and its parts
* An original 1992ish FUNK catalogue / flyer
* An original 1992 SEVYSA catalogue (FUNK combat titanium and also some FUNK airbrushes limited editions included)

Love it!

I took the whole fork apart to clean every part and especially rework the slightly rusted steerer (already cleaned in the pics) and screws (still uncleaned and original in the pics). Shock covers also still dirty in the pic.

I will maybe swap every screw and the steerer to titanium. <3

Also, I made replacement Elastomer Sets for the FUNK fork as well. No problem at all ...

Funk Combat Titanium retro MTB suspension fork parts Falko Schlötel Germany 01.jpeg

Funk Combat Titanium retro MTB suspension fork parts Falko Schlötel Germany 02.jpeg

Funk Combat Titanium retro MTB suspension fork parts Falko Schlötel Germany 03.jpeg

Funk Combat Titanium retro MTB suspension fork parts Falko Schlötel Germany 04.jpeg

Funk Combat Titanium retro MTB suspension fork parts Falko Schlötel Germany 05.jpeg

Funk Combat Titanium retro MTB suspension fork parts Falko Schlötel Germany 06.jpeg

Back