1992 Dynatech (Yes - the one that hasn't snapped yet!)

I know what you mean - last time I went in to get half a dozen spokes for a wheel rebuild, I came out with a pair of Mavic Ksyrium Elites :)

I have a nice MT5 that with the help of some On-one midge bars has now become my cross bike / road winter trainer / commuter. Very comfortable frame.

Was the MT5 the successor to the MT4 or a model above / below?

I would still love to add a pair of those X-lite-designed double crown fixed forks that appeared on a few titanium dynatechs in the early 90s. They go for a fotune on ebay tho :roll: :(

how the hell do u attach a pic om here?
i keep trying to add a pic of my MT4 using the attachments, but cant shrink the pic down to meet the measly file size limit...

the pic is 1.4mb, am using an iMac G5 and iPhoto for the techies...

cheers
ants[/img]

richardf":1ig45ixb said:
I have a nice MT5 that with the help of some On-one midge bars has now become my cross bike / road winter trainer / commuter. Very comfortable frame.

Was the MT5 the successor to the MT4 or a model above / below?

I would still love to add a pair of those X-lite-designed double crown fixed forks that appeared on a few titanium dynatechs in the early 90s. They go for a fotune on ebay tho :roll: :(

MT5 was a metal matrix main triangle, otherwise same as an MT4. Many stories fly around, officially the team bikes were MT5 but I know that Paul Hinton rode the odd MT4 frame, some stories even claim that David Baker rode an MT3 as he prefered the steel rear end...

So to answer your question, MT3 Steel rear end, Ti Main tubes. MT4 Ti main tubes and chain stays. MT5 MMC main tubes and Ti chain stays. All were sold concurrently.

Back