1992 Dave Lloyd Cats Wiskas frame and forks - SOLD

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Too many Cats, not enough room.

This is a bike with a bit of history as it is the actual bike featured in a Dave Lloyd brochure. It changed colour after the original owner took a tumble and ended up silver. After a few other owners it came to me and underwent a bit of a restoration which included two new chainstays and a new rear disc mount, all done by Argos in Bristol. I still have the original offside chainstay and the Hope brake mount, so if your were inclined to do a full re-resto, you could.

For sale is the frame and colour matched Exotic carbon forks, other bits may come up for sale, or possibly be purchased with the frame, we can talk that over.

The frame is in great condition as is the paint, but there are a couple of marks on the disk side chainstay, one where the disc rotor has brushed the paint and the other where I must have ridden over a log or something. Neither can be seen under normal circumstances, but if you are after an immaculate paint finish, you will need Argos to do a little touch up. The paint is metallic silver and is easily matched.

Original build thread here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ats+wiskas

Here are a couple of pictures taken today.

DSC_0077_zpsailc2iyk.jpg

DSC_0078_zpsgmmlxcck.jpg

Sizes:

Top Tube C to C = 22 1/4" / 565
Seat Tube C to C = 15 3/4" / 405
C to T = 17 3/4" / 450

Price £350 plus postage at cost.

Re:

Bargain for that price mate. Shame you've got to sell it.

Am I right in saying that this is the magnet/purple frame that I used as the inspiration for mine? In its former life...

Re: Re:

Giom6":3esagh1k said:
Bargain for that price mate. Shame you've got to sell it.

Am I right in saying that this is the magnet/purple frame that I used as the inspiration for mine? In its former life...

I could ask for more and I'm certainly losing on the cost of the repair and paint, but truth is it is a bit too small and given I now have two others, it's only fair to give someone else a chance.

Yes, it is the one in the brochure.

431a3bf3-509a-492f-a5f3-38610cd8e1be_zps2dd8f7bd.jpg

Re:

Sweet :?

If I hadn't spent a fortune on mine I would have it in a flash...

Back