1992 Cannondale M500

i take back my vote.

agreed with the top tube.

and, i do not think it was originally green. the rear der hanger would have been black. and not painted.

Well this is confusing me now as well. The linked picture on the previous page is my bike.
It's a 1992 M500 and like the catalogue, it's dark grey and has a 1" fork.

But, it's also got a Force 40 bridge and removable seat clamp!

IMGP2883.jpg
:?

broomhandle":3q8gvve2 said:
i take back my vote.

and, i do not think it was originally green. the rear der hanger would have been black. and not painted.

The rear hanger is black gloss paint, on top of the frame colour and looks original

So, and when I see SteveJ77's frame, your bike icould be a 1992 M400 or M500 :
The only thing I didn't know, is that 92 M400 and 1992M500 didn't have force40 system, but they have the bridge and the hole for that :cool:

You say that the frame would be black ?
So, it was a1992 SM400 ;)

HarryCrumb":19l6jdkp said:
broomhandle":19l6jdkp said:
i take back my vote.

The rear hanger is black gloss paint, on top of the frame colour and looks original

I apologise, having looked when I got in from work the green is on the outside of the gloss black, this made me think the green must be non original, so there was no choice but to remove the mech hanger to see what was under there, and behold we have pure white, also the is trace of white on one of the bridges of the seat stays. The white does original as it is high gloss and is on top of a clay coloured primer which also looks original. Now back to the catalogues........which takes me to the 1992 M500, but with a banded type seat post clamp.

Back