For Sale 1991 Team Marin XL (completely original)

wheelssurf

Retro Newbie
1991 XL Team Marin. The seat tube measures 21" from center of BB to center of seat tube. Asking $1500USD
I am the second owner of this bike. It was a garage find in Northern California and the original owner bought it new from a local shop and only rode it a few times.
This bike is 100% Shimano equipped. Marin and Shimano (explained to me from an inside source who worked with Marin in the 80's and 90's) had a sponsorship contract for Marin's racing team and that contract ensured at least a few of Marin's production bikes in this year would be 100% Shimano equipped. Everything that could be Shimano, is Shimano on this bike. Pretty cool.

I am willing to ship this bike wherever it is wanted. Please email or text me with questions about shipping and packaging. tempImageOjVoq1.png tempImagea7eR7R.png tempImagelG5ldZ.png tempImageCYIKbE.png tempImageL6ESBE.png tempImageie1MZL.png tempImagegPFHwp.png tempImageJYMVEu.png tempImageLhpWfD.png tempImage8WUTGn.png

Last edited:
Nice bike. Good to see the alternative region colour rather than the zolotone.

Fyi, every marin of that era was entirely shimano equipped.....xt for this team is exactly as catalogue. Pitty its missing a few original bits..... a nice bike in a good proper size!

1991 XL Team Marin. The seat tube measures 21" from center of BB to center of seat tube. Asking $1500USD
I am the second owner of this bike. It was a garage find in Northern California and the original owner bought it new from a local shop and only rode it a few times.
This bike is 100% Shimano equipped. Marin and Shimano (explained to me from an inside source who worked with Marin in the 80's and 90's) had a sponsorship contract for Marin's racing team and that contract ensured at least a few of Marin's production bikes in this year would be 100% Shimano equipped. Everything that could be Shimano, is Shimano on this bike. Pretty cool.

I am willing to ship this bike wherever it is wanted. Please email or text me with questions about shipping and packaging.View attachment 676587View attachment 676591View attachment 676592View attachment 676593View attachment 676594View attachment 676595View attachment 676596View attachment 676597View attachment 676598View attachment 676599
Hello. What a Nice bike. I m so interrested to buy it ! Let me know if it s still availlable. Thanks

Hello. What a Nice bike. I m so interrested to buy it ! Let me know if it s still availlable. Thanks
Nice bike. Good to see the alternative region colour rather than the zolotone.

Fyi, every marin of that era was entirely shimano equipped.....xt for this team is exactly as catalogue. Pitty its missing a few original bits..... a nice bike in a good proper size!
What originals are missing ?

What originals are missing ?
Saddle and pedals are non original. Should be a Marin leather jobbie and M735 XT pedals, with Shimano clips and straps. Saying that these were often swapped out to suit the rider and then lost over time...

Bike looks great by the way. Good luck with the sale :)

Saddle and pedals are non original. Should be a Marin leather jobbie and M735 XT pedals, with Shimano clips and straps. Saying that these were often swapped out to suit the rider and then lost over time...

Bike looks great by the way. Good luck with the sale :)
How do you find all these informations about the originals pieces ?

The manufacturer archive on here is a good starting point on here, as there is access to the 1991 Marin Catalogue. Hope this helps!
Thanks. I waiting on the saler because I realy want to buy it but I cant contact him in private , i dont know why.

Back