1991 Raleigh Tomac Signature

Perfect build. Though I immediately noticed that XTR could never have been on a 1991 bike. Not that it matters a lot though.
I remember this bike was very expensive back then, although it did have some relatively cheap Tioga parts.
Oh, and another thing: you can not imagine chasing Ned, Tinker, Rishi or even Thomas (Frischknecht), when riding this bike. It was the other way around. :-D

Beta":1vv2uqel said:
Perfect build. Though I immediately noticed that XTR could never have been on a 1991 bike. Not that it matters a lot though.
Sorry to burst your bubble old chap, but Tomac (and others) were running XTR in late 91. This build is a perfect replica. :mrgreen: (Even if I do say so for its owner/creator!)

regan_ev":2t82le0q said:
Beta":2t82le0q said:
Sorry to burst your bubble old chap, but Tomac (and others) were running XTR in late 91. This build is a perfect replica. :mrgreen: (Even if I do say so for its owner/creator!)

I never said Tomac was not riding XTR in late 1991. I sad you could not buy XTR during the competition season. XTR was released starting in october 1991. Smartass...

Beta":3djox4w9 said:
regan_ev":3djox4w9 said:
Beta":3djox4w9 said:

I never said Tomac was not riding XTR in late 1991. I sad you could not buy XTR during the competition season. XTR was released starting in october 1991. Smartass...

You're comtradicting yourself. You first said (as in my quote) "XTR could never have been on a 1991 bike", now you reckon you said "you could not buy XTR". :roll: This is, after all, a Tomac replica, so neither point applies to this fantastic build. No need for wisecrack name-calling, either.

regan_ev":s2vbymd7 said:
Beta":s2vbymd7 said:

You're comtradicting yourself. You first said (as in my quote) "XTR could never have been on a 1991 bike", now you reckon you said "you could not buy XTR". :roll: This is, after all, a Tomac replica, so neither point applies to this fantastic build. No need for wisecrack name-calling, either.

I meant on a 1991 bike in the bike stores. A bike you could really buy.
And yes, you could buy XTR in late 1991. On the first 1992 bikes... :-D
New technology is always first used in competition. Makes perfect sense.

Thanks for the kind words and keen observations.
Racing and riding such bikes is as thrilling today as when they first hit dirt.

Back