1991 Orange Prestige.

Lovely.
I have managed to get a 17" prestige frame (silver/grey and purple fade) it's for my lad and he thinks the colours cool! (He's 11/12 soon)
And it has a ovalised tube near the bottom bracket.

It's a long shot but if you did wish to part with the bar and stem then I would take them off you.

Re:

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I know there was a lot of cross over between the two models and have been told some Clockworks had odd "prestige" tubes and some Prestige's had odd Infinity tubes, i.e there was no strict standard BITD. I've had a dealer or three also tell me that as the Prestige's weren't the best sellers, quite a few were re-branded and even re-painted as Clockworks at the slightly lower prices, to shift the stock.
I have a near mint '93 Clockwork in Satin black, no rack mounts and on the two paint chips it had, the paint underneath is gloss Fluorescent pink! :? It has ovalised tubes at the BB also and has had only one owner(bar me) from new, had original period decals and weighs just a smidge under 4 pounds bare, the other weird factor is the same model year could have different seat tube diameters, from frame to frame. :facepalm:
Both ride superbly either way and it bothers me not what the model is :mrgreen:

Re:

It would be sweet to get a prestige 'Clockwork'. :cool:

Know what you mean about the different features on the same years bikes. If you think that the c16 came out in late 1994 then the original Clockworks had 15 revisions in 6 years!!

Re:

I've even seen same model year with cable stops in different positions on the top tube too! Would love to know why the one I have as fluoro' pink undercoat beneath satin black :? as it's deffo never been re painted. I'll post some pic's when Gil gets some decals made for it.

Re:

The only pink ones I remember were the pink/white from around 89/90 that matched my yellow/white and the classic orange/white. Never seen it on a 93 though. :? Maybe they did a pink batch but didn't like the end result so repainted them before sale?

Re:

I vaguely recollect, being local to them at one time, they had a load of Clockwork frames painted from "weird" colour schemes, that the dealers didn't take up well and Bob Jacksons got the job of re finishing them in "more acceptable" colours, I remember quite a few Prestige's, in the Pink/Fuschia white fade BITD.
Len Raine cycles in Scarborough, had some Clockworks in "Coffee creme" which was cream with coffee fade. The marque developed at such a fast rate, there was loads of cross over between models.

What were all the various colour ways of the Clockwork, Prestige and Aluminium 'O'? Just purchased a '91 'O' in the traditional orange and white, and a '93 Prestige in the Purple and Silver colours.

Re:

It changed year by year so hard to say exactly. Early bikes were mostly orange/white or black with some pink/white + yellow/white popping up. By the early 90's orange/white, black, orange/purple and silver/grey were offered. In 1993 you could still get orange/white + black but also the purple/silver of your Prestige and aqua blue/silver on the Clockwork. By 1994/5 the fade colours had pretty much gone to be replaced by single colours, done in house.

Back