1991 Merlin Mountain monochrome

Re:

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen.

Yep, still got it. The bike's so plain but it's simple, elegant and well finished. Riding it is like stepping out in a nice suit; people stare.

Gonna try out a Leader Pro/Double Fighter tire combo on it. I think bigger contact patches will help me avoid the consequences of being an idiot. Me, an idiot? Maybe a couple weeks ago. Like laying 'er down on the pavement while trail braking way too fast into a right hander near the park. Just wouldn't stop leaning! Duh. Nothing on the asphalt surface at all. Late braking to the apex on a kinda flexi frame is my only explanation. Totally my fault and I know better.

The bike's fine by the way. Just my first scratch on otherwise mint 747 pedals. That hurt most.

She's a beauty mate. I'm totally in love with my Merlin, got an Orange Vitamin T arriving soon and will be a very similar parts build so hoping to see how the frames differ in ride.

If you sling some sus on the front and knobblys on her you will be rewarded with a great cross country machine. I run Cooks on mine ;)

Back