Withdrawn 1991 Marin Palisades - matching pair! His/hers, father/son etc.

somersongs

Retro Newbie
Hello fellow retro riders.

Here we have quite a find IMHO. A matching pair of 1991 Palisades in unmodified (and virtually un-ridden!) condition. I'd keep them myself but have n+6 bikes so some have to go!

Larger frame is 20 inch, smaller is 15 inch. Zolatone grey and fluorescent yellow (cool!).

All original parts (300lx and biopace). Grips have been changed on the larger bike to Specialized ones. Original Araya rims and even the Marin gumwall tyres are in surprisingly good condition. Saddles are the only bits that haven't survived the temperature changes over the years. All decals excellent. Shifters need degreasing and there's still some grime to get through. Very small bits of surface corrosion. Amazing condition of parts you don't see like stems and seatposts.

Shout if you want any more pics or details.

I'm not sure on a price for the pair so hurl some (not too insulting!) offers or sage advice/comments. I'm not splitting them at the moment because, although basic in their time, I think they're pretty cool as a set. If they don't sell,at least I'll have an excuse to keep them.

Collection only from Woking, Surrey. WP_20210530_15_54_25_Rich.jpg WP_20210530_15_55_07_Rich.jpg

Last edited:
You need to put a price on it......thems the rules here.

Nice pair. Btw. Marin measured frames c to c, so you sizing is probably a bit big as i assume you went c to t from the look of it?

Best of luck with the sale

Ps. If your not sure how much, there is a " how much is it worth " thread on here, where im sure some idea can be given.

Back