1991 GT Team-Avalanche - FINISHED 23/05/12 (pg4)

.....so today (and many thanks to Racer x ) these replica GT AME grips turned up.... :cool:

Once I'd drained all the oil :shock: out of the bars and grips that were already there... :shock: I got on with de-greasing the bars and getting these on.. :cool:

1c46baa7.jpg

The finishing touch really... only I can't decide now whether to retain the STI's or bin them for my usual XT thumbie set-up??

Oh, and of course I still nee MegaBites for that OE look.. :roll:

there is something nice about the old push push XT STI units that on this bike is worth preseving. i think, because it is all so original,it would be a shame to chnage the spec.

merckx":89fcq0pr said:
there is something nice about the old push push XT STI units that on this bike is worth preseving. i think, because it is all so original,it would be a shame to chnage the spec.

^^^^^^ +1

Looking great Steve - those grips have made a big difference :D

Thanks, GM :cool:

I think in all honesty tho, the chances of the other two turning up are pretty bloody slim.. :(

Love it. Such a cool bike. I'd leave that SIS der. just to keep topic edgier and annoy some fellas :LOL:

gm1230126":1wrer1go said:
Steve now you need to complete the Midnight Aurora trifecta

Wow what a nice little collection! The Paintjobs of that era where a blast!

Cheers Dan

GT's

What an amazing bike. I remember looking at it in the catalogues Bitd. I am on the look out for a 20" for the road.
I have just managed to find a 1991 18" Zaskar, been stored in a garage for 15 years.

It has got the original grips on but they cut them to get the bar ends on!

Just wondering if you can tell me where you can get those replica GT AME grips from I saw on this thread or was it a one off?.

Also looking for handlebars and forks to get back to original '91 spec. I will post some pics when I get time. Just in the shed for now. cheers

gm1230126":3qsmg37m said:
Steve now you need to complete the Midnight Aurora trifecta

mmmmmm :cool: GT Tachyon, been one on my wants list for a long time that!

Back