1991 Brodie climbMax Custom ... pretty cherry with Gators!

Re:

It's got an 8 stamped. Not really sure what that means. I have never had a syncros post this old.

Re: Re:

jimi911":143yja5h said:
It's got an 8 stamped. Not really sure what that means. I have never had a syncros post this old.

8 = 26.8

My climbmax is a 93 and it has a 27.2

shutter":3o6rxfpr said:
jimi911":3o6rxfpr said:

8 = 26.8

My climbmax is a 93 and it has a 27.2

I guess syncros liked to save $$$ on stamping back then :D

odd, my climbMax is 27.2mm and has a serial #1315 which is earlier than yours. more custom tubing i guess. :?

that's quite odd... are you 100% sure the 26.8 is a good fit? make sure the clamp is not over tight (you CAN put in a smaller one in there and crank down the seat clamp... it's a very bad idea but I have bought many bikes and realized that the previous owner has done this...

Thanks! I didn't really have to do much to it. I have a nice set of gold ritchey pedals waiting for me at home.

I'm not sure on the post. It seemed right when I adjusted it, but I wasn't even thinking about that. I have a 27.2 syncros post I'll try to be sure. I know my 1993 expresso is 27.2

Re:

I road this for most of the summer. Good fun and one of the prettiest bikes I have. I usually ride a bike for a season than either sell it or hang it up to keep. This one I am putting into semi-retirement ... I have a new Brodie to ride this season so this one wont get much use.

Thought I'd give it some extra beautification. Brodie Bikes has been after pics of the bike for thier website for months and I was trying to track down a couple last bits. Namely a Brodie stem. Anyway, here it is all gussied up for the ball, and BoTM.

Specs:

Frame: 1991 Brodie climbMax Custom Order (Custom sizing and odd 26.8 seat tube)

Fork: Brodie Gator 1" :)

Headset: Ritchey Logic
Stem: Syncros
Handlebar: Ritchey
Grips: ODI

Brakes: Shimano XT 734 front with Brodie Brace, SLR XT U Brake Rear
Brake Pads: XT
Brake Cables: NOS XT
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano
Brake Levers: Ritchey Logic

Shifters: Shimano 732 XT
Front Derailleur: Shimano LX
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT 735
Derailleur Cables: XT
Cassette: XT
Chain: Sachs
Cranks: Grafton SpeedStix
Crank Bolts: Shimano
Chainrings: Veuta
Chainring bolts: Shimano
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XTR m900
Pedals: XT 737 SPD

Hub Skewers: Ringle first Gen
Rims: Araya Pro
Hubs: XT 732
Nipples: DT
Spokes: DT
Tyres: Original NOS Smoke and DART
Tubes: MEC

Saddle: Avocet R1 (Dated 1991)
Seatpost: Syncros 1st Gen
Seatpost Binder: XT

Pictures :)

Re:

That looks really good. You can't beat some nice snow pics :cool:

raidan73":3bk94my1 said:
That looks really good. You can't beat some nice snow pics :cool:

Nothing but snow pics this winter :) Better than ice though. Less riding this winter, but its been prettier for sure.

Latest posts

Back