1991 Alpinestars Ti-Mega Build ***Final Pictures Page 14 ***

Re:

So where has it been hiding for the past 23 years?

Re: Re:

raidan73":33c7p39e said:
So where has it been hiding for the past 23 years?

The bike came from a close friend of ours in the industry that was part of the MBA crew back in the day. The bike has been sitting in a box in his garage since.

Re: 1991 Alpinstar Ti-Mega Build

Fork has been found! Will post photos when it arrives. Thank you to a fellow retrobiker for helping link us up with the rare fork.

Re:

Great project and quite a score finding those forks!

I have to ask though. The Ti-Mega on the MBA cover looks like it's running the steel AS forks?

Mr.Toad":25br9bfl said:
Great project and quite a score finding those forks!

I have to ask though. The Ti-Mega on the MBA cover looks like it's running the steel AS forks?

That is correct. The fork featured on the cover of MBA has been long gone... We aren't going to be building it up exactly like it was on this cover.

Re:

:D

If you read the article, the BB seems to be a before production ;)
"This is an incredibly trick BB that Alpinestar is plannng to sell, along with a chromoly spindle version, as a retail item"

24pouces":29ntfc0e said:
:D

If you read the article, the BB seems to be a before production ;)
"This is an incredibly trick BB that Alpinestar is plannng to sell, along with a chromoly spindle version, as a retail item"

Thanks for the share! Yes the BB on our frame does look like it is preproduction. It is stamped by Alpinestar.

Re: 1991 Alpinstar Ti-Mega Build

Since the fork off of this MBA test bike is long gone we had to source another one.... In order to do so we had to buy another complete frameset which luckily came with the trick front derailleur as well. So.... if anyone here wants to buy the frame (minus the fork and front der) please PM me within the week. The extra frame will otherwise be going up on eBay with worldwide shipping in a week or so.

photo-1.jpg

Back