1991 Alpinestars Cro-Mega

Alpinestar Cromega LX T26

I happened to stumble into this website for vintage/classic MTB and was really impressed with what you guys have. I was particularly interested in the Alpinestar and as such, decided to set out and hunt for one. Guess I was in luck when a guy put up an ad during Christmas time. He got it NOS for his son but the boy only interested in BMX. He got no choice but to sell it as he already has several bikes. Do check out the pics and feel free to give me your comments.
Cheers and happy 2012!

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,415
alpinestar_sg":2vda7biq said:
I'm trying to find the date of mfg or atleast which year this model belongs to. Anyone care to help? Thanks and happy new year!
hi these started manufacture in 91/92, remember seeing them in the brochure when i bought my cromega lx which is the exact same colour scheme as this bike, but not sure what they are called, i will try to find out, i think they were called the T series, but not 100%, they did several versions including a full suspension model

Its been over a year since I last took the Cro-Mega out for a ride and to be honest I had forgotten what I was missing, its had a couple of changes recently with some period correct wheels, a comfier Rolls saddle and a nos Xt headset.

IMG00472.jpg

IMG00469.jpg

IMG00463.jpg

dug mine out the otherday ,getting stuff ready for the national
and thought i need to use them again , quick spin with the dog and hooked again
so will get it fettled up this week

yours is looking good chris

@alpinestar sg start a new thread mate

Back