1991/92 Fat Chance Yo Eddy

Re:

This bike is getting pretty much ready for the first ride.
Still need to adjust the rear brake and gears. I will probably also apply a couple of Ringlé and onZa decals on it for a racier look.
The fork is currently rigid for the elastomers are hardened but I will replace them at some point.

The build consists of:
* Suntour XC Pro MD 7 spd drivetrain
* Dia-Compe 987 / SS-7 brakes & levers
* Ringlé Zooka stem, Moby seatpost, H20 bottle cage, Anti-Chainsuck Thing
* Answer Manitou 1 fork with Tune titanium ahead steerer and Hyperlite bars
* onZa RAW barends and Porcipaws grips
* Chris King no-logo headset
* Shimano M737 SPD pedals
* Selle Italia Flite Transalp saddle
* Control Tech titanium bolt-on skewers for wheels and Tune titanium bolt-on skewer for seatpost
* White Industries front hub and Suntour XC Pro MD rear hub on Mavic rims & Wheelsmith spokes
* IRC Piranha Pro kevlar tyres

Re:

Took the Yo Eddy for the first proper ride on Saturday. I was pleasantly surprised how well the XC Pro shifted. Not having ridden with thumbies since '96 or so, it was great to be able to fine tune the FD so that the chain never rubbed.
I need to work with the brake setup though for now I really had squeeze the levers hard in order to get even adequate power from them. It was a bit scary on a couple of steep downhills...
Even though the Manitou 1 has hardened elastomers making it a rigid fork, I doubt there would be a massive difference even if the fork would be fully functional ;)
The bike climbed very well and was also very responsive, all in all a nice ride. :cool:

Back