1990s Oakley E-Wires, one-off colourway

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A one-off and vintage set of Oakley E-Wires from the mid-1990s. Rare and proper-retro version with the full-length earsocks (basically the arms on this version of the E-Wires were taken from the A-Wires of the time). The frame finish is 'dark' and the lenses are gold iridium. What makes this pair unique is that there was no dark/gold iridium Oakley colourway - I created this pair myself by swapping out lenses and frames to create what I think is a nice combination. (I prefer gold iridium both to look through and to look at, over black iridium.)

These are in good condition considering they are 15+ years old - frame is straight with arms nice and tight, there are a couple of minor marks but they are not at all scruffy. Same for the lenses, a few fleck marks to the outer surface of the lenses but that's all. To top it off they will come with the original Oakley bag - and the old 90s silver style one, not the modern black one. Reduced to £50 posted.

SOLD:

Oakley A-Wires in rare 'brushed thick' style frame with Black Iridium lens (Oakley model 05-565).£55 posted SOLD.

2 x Lightweight skinny Continental inner tubes, 26" x 0.75" £7 posted.

Syntace Duraflite 2014 flat bars £14 posted

A Kalloy Uno red flat bar. £9 posted

A pair of Zero Components Skewers. £22 posted
SOLD .

A boxed and genuinely NOS Shimano UN71 (XT) Bottom bracket, never fitted. £25 posted SOLD.

Easton EA70 Aluminium Stem, 1 1/8", 25.4 clamp, 130mm length. £14 posted SOLD.

Attachments

• E-Wire2.jpg
    E-Wire2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1,270
  • E-Wire1.jpg
    E-Wire1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,270
Those q/r's are a bargain, got some myself and uber light and not to many of them about, if i only had a bike for them.....

clockworkgazz":3p66g8qs said:
Those q/r's are a bargain, got some myself and uber light and not to many of them about, if i only had a bike for them.....

I do have a bike for them but no funds... :cry:

Interested in any swaps mate?

I do have gold ano pulley bolts and a headcap bolt. Also 1 pair of gold ano bottlecage bolts and a gold ano seatclamp bolt. Anything you might like?

Rio":1lk650vi said:
I do have gold ano pulley bolts and a headcap bolt. Also 1 pair of gold ano bottlecage bolts and a gold ano seatclamp bolt. Anything you might like?

Don't need the gold pulley bolts that badly and I'm sorted for the rest I'm afraid - I would have had your Tune skewers a couple of weeks back though, typical! :roll:

Back