1990 Trek 8900 Composite - Carbon, Aluminum and Neon, oh my!

Awesome. I have a weak spot for bonded frames and this is a very nice example. I am working on a 1992 bonded frame atm (Miyata).

Re:

I will receive parts for mine like grafton brakes caliper and a rear wheel with Bullseye and Matrix Titan rim…
But still need to remove the old gel coat and to restore the old RS1 :D
So, for old bounded carbon frame, I'm near to ride with a 1992 Cadex CFM3 :mrgreen:

Superb build. I ALWAYS lusted after one of these, when they were advertised in the front/back cover of MBUK. I did have a heave steel framed Raleigh back then. I wanted one sooo much, I'm actually about to buy a new Trek this month. Only took me 30 years....

Jaggs":2vmu9f4l said:
Superb build. I ALWAYS lusted after one of these, when they were advertised in the front/back cover of MBUK. I did have a heave steel framed Raleigh back then. I wanted one sooo much, I'm actually about to buy a new Trek this month. Only took me 30 years....

That's what most us are doing....re-living the dreams we had as spotty teenagers, only this time round with a bit more brass in our pockets :LOL:

Re:

Thanks guys. I took the Trek out for a spin again the other day.. I forgot how agile this bike is.. I need to ride it more often! Feels really good on or off road. Here's some more pics, no changes to the build. I need to swap out the brakes and bling it up with some higher end skewers and stuff I think.. this frame deserves it

9mVdIbX.jpg

V8NOWXb.jpg

AhhCbDS.jpg

f4cXSCZ.jpg

WuFFRW2.jpg

Back