1990 Rocky Mountain Hammer

This is the card that came with the bike stating who did what in it's production.

Attachments

• L1100821.JPG
    L1100821.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 349
  • L1100820.JPG
    L1100820.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 349
As we enter the 25th year of ownership a few little things have been updated.

Switched out the Flite for a more modern, and comfortable, Specialized saddle; and the Syncros seat post is now the right way round. New brake blocks and chain have improved the going and stopping. And cable rerouting and fettling means we're all set for some Springtime riding.

Attachments

• rocky mountain hammer 1990.jpg
    rocky mountain hammer 1990.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 315
My understanding is that Ritchey and Rocky Mountain partnered together on an order for Toyo to build frames because neither of them had the volume to order on their own initially. My late 80's Rocky Fusion was pretty much identical to my brothers Ritchey Force from the year before. Certainly the frames were identical as was the drive train, wheels and brakes. The differences were in the branding of saddle, stem and bars and of course the colour/graphics. Those were bomb proof bikes as well.

I've now gone for a modern Selle Italia Flite with the longer rails; it gives me the setback I need with a straight seat post.

And the Charge Splashbacks have been ditched with a pair of Continental Cross Country currently being used. The Splashbacks punctured virtually every time I went out, and were a complete and utter bugger to remove from the Ritchey rims.

There's a "new" XT bottom bracket as well.

Attachments

• L1120928.jpg
    L1120928.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 286
Back