1990 Rocky Mountain Hammer

Cheers.

The Lee Valley Velo Park mountain bike trails are opening soon, and they're 3 minutes down the road, which is nice.

Attachments

• L1120405.JPG
    L1120405.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 654
Re:

606":32fvnprf said:
5102070214_2c59480aee_b.jpg

Thought I'd update this thread, as I've recently added a few Shimano Deore XT components.

So since last year the following have been changed:

Plastic toe clips, Brooks leather straps.
Cranks - Shimano Deore XT.
Rear Derailleur - Shimano Deore XT.
Front Derailleur - Shimano Deore XT.
Shifters - Shimano Deore XT thumb shifters.
Brake levers - Shimano Deore XT.

Next on the list is a new headset.

Nice. :cool:

Looks great with Syncros and XT! I have the same bike with the original parts (DX and Rocky stem/bars/post and looks recreational compared to yours). They sure had some interesting colours for the Hammer in 1990!...seafoam green/white... neon orange/cool grey...and purple/dark yellow (which was not listed in the catalogue). It took me a while to figure out my bike's model year until I saw your post, so thanks!

Yes, the original Rocky Mountain bars, stem, and post were rather heavy. It's a lot more nimble now.

First, very nice bike. I have a special place for hammers since my first real MTB was a '95 hammer. (previously I had a sporting goods store type MTB with 200GS and a chromoly fork).

my 1991 came with suntour and the original post and stem are chromoly and the bars are very thickwalled aluminum. Maybe rocky was rejecting out of alignment frames, but the welds on my 1991 are terrible and yeah it is a toyo frame. My 1992 Blizzard has similar weld quality.

IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_3374.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

Latest updates are: a black Selle Italia saddle, Ritchey headset, and a set of titanium handlebars (much more comfortable than the previous aluminium ones).

Attachments

• rocky mountain hammer.jpg
    rocky mountain hammer.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 404
Ha, well spotted.

I should fix it, I guess, but it works fine, and I've had trouble before fitting a Flite (with it's non-horizontal rails) into a similar design Specialized seat post. The saddle wouldn't get flat enough.

Oh well, not much going on today, so I'll flip it around.

looks good, Ti bar really make a difference hey? I will have to get my hands on a set to see for myself. The old rigid is pretty harsh over the rough stuff. I have been enjoying the full susp. thunderbolt this summer.

Back