1990 Panasonic PR-6000 ex team bike

Cool, you've done your tape in the same way as most of the Panasonic squad: white with blue end tape.

Ed, yours must be John's Paris Roubaix bike. I bet he lost his Cinelli logo on the cobble stones ;)

PR3.jpg

PR4.jpg

Love the second photo Mel - Fignon in the gutter in his Castorama overalls being abused by the crowd and Urs taking the high line and rocking the Freuleur geometry with an awesome 'tache and the frankly weird combination of clips and straps and STis.

Oh, and here's a couple more photos of the dirty bike.....

Attachments

• P2182214.JPG
    P2182214.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 3,372
  • P2182219.JPG
    P2182219.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 3,372
  • P2182218.JPG
    P2182218.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 3,373
Where abouts did you go? i'm from hereford originally....still go back now and again to see the family..with the bike of course. Look out for me on on my new vitus!

markyp":1e01wmhe said:
Where abouts did you go? i'm from hereford originally....still go back now and again to see the family..with the bike of course. Look out for me on on my new vitus!

A decent route on very quiet country lanes, basically the same ride that we've done as a group the last two summers:

Hampton Bishop - Mordiford - Dormington - Checkley - Woolhope - March Ridge - How Caple - Kings Caple - Orcop - Kentchurch - Garway - Bagwlyddiart - Wormelow - Much Birch -Holme Lacey - Hampton Bishop

Drop me a line when you're back and we'll sort out a ride.

In Belgium a couple of weeks ago I spied this amazing Panasonic team car.

TFLPanasonicauto2.jpg

My self-respect was long gone, so I rushed over like a small child, gabbling wildly. Turns out the driver was Teun Van Vliet's brother-in-law and they use the car to publicise the Teun Van Vliet Classic ( www.teunvanvlietclassic.nl ).

Teun Van Vliet wore the yellow jersey in 1988 while riding for Panasonic. More recently Teun suffered two brain tumours and in 2006 was given a year to live. Happily, Teun is now cancer free and his sister and brother-in-law established the above event to raise funds brain tumor research. I understand that Teun will be riding next weekend with some ex-Panasonic colleagues - would be cool to attend next year.

Back