1990 Nigel Dean 653 frame with Campag Chorus - SOLD £325

GregDMilne

Retro Newbie
I bought this frame and components in 1990 and built the bike up myself. I used it infrequently for about 5 years - I only entered about 4 or 5 time trials - and it's been in my box room ever since. I soon realised that touring was my thing and not racing. I should have sold it long ago really. As I only used the bike in good weather, never in the winter, it is in extremely good condition. The only blemish to the paintwork (other than very slight nicks where the pump sat) is on the front forks and I've attached a picture of that. However as you can see from the photo there is no rust.

Specs:
Nigel Dean 653 frame (60cm centre BB to top of tube, Top tube 56.5cm midpoint to midpoint)
All components Campag Chorus (with 170mm cranks) except:
Saddle (Rolls)
Seatpin (Sakae)
Handlebars and stem (Mavic - stem length 12.5 cm middle of bolt to mid handlbar, bar width 44cm midpoint to midpoint)
Headset (Tange)
Wheel rims (Mavic Open 4CD, spokes are Swiss DT-Competition stainless steel)
Freewheel (Maillard super-plus 700 13-21 6 speed, front campag rings are 52, 42)
Chain (Sedis)

The are no Nigel Dean transfers on the frame because I was given the option when I bought the frame and decided not to have them. The handlebar tape is a bit grubby, though perfectly useable, but I include a new box of Bike Ribbon white tape which I never got round to applying. Note there are no pedals with this bike.

For what it's worth I still have all the Campag fitting instruction booklets that came with the groupset which you are welcome to have.

The price I am after is £350 and for now it is collect only. I live in Edinburgh.

Attachments

• Bike1.jpg
    Bike1.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 810
  • Bike2.jpg
    Bike2.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 810
  • Bike3.jpg
    Bike3.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 810
  • Bike4.jpg
    Bike4.jpg