1990 Muddy Fox. Lugged Tange Prestige. Deore XT M730

Mahoney1978

Retro Guru
Hello,

Before I start..... you need to know the following:

A) THE ASKING PRICE IS GBP150.00

B) THE MAIN STICKING POINT - BIKE IS IN NEW ZEALAND

C) ITS KIND OF PINK

So anyway... reluctantly looking to sell my 1990 Muddy Fox. I have restored (as far as I can) this beauty back to its original condition and unfortunately due to a new project, the wife has kindly asked me to 'de-clutter' the garage - boo!

From the comments I've had this is a very rare and a very good example of a 1990 (Japanese) Araya Muddy Fox. Araya built all of the Muddy Foxes including the British Foxes we know and love, but badged them as Araya for the Japanese market.

See this link for the original catalogue specs (hopefully you can read Japanese!!) - click me

Tange Prestige Frame... 18 inch (47cm), Safari Red Colour (proper 1990's!!), with double bottle mounts and an inbuilt mount for a pump!
Tange Prestige Forks
Full Deore XT Groupset (M730), with Deore II Thumbies (Thumbies are in MINT condition)
Original Leather Sella Italia TURBO Saddle in grey/natural colour
New brake and gear cables fitted
New ESI Foam Grips (keeping the 90's buzz going)
Nokian Tryes (these are late 90's models... sorry the original Farmer John and Farmer Johns Nephew are long gone!)
Araya Rims on Shimano Deore XT hubs

As mentioned above. Bike is in New Zealand, so postage will be a sticking point. I have done a little bit of research and using a local carrier I am happy to box her up (with bubble wrap etc) and you'd be starring down the barrell of GBP200 (plus port charges).

However, if you or a friend is/are 'holidaying' in NZ in the near future, you could take the bike as excess luggage on your flight and someone like Air New Zealand charge a fraction of this price (would need to check their website for exact costs, but it's something like GBP40)

Alternatively - I can split to frame and forks only to cut postage costs down... price for Frame and Forks only will be GBP80+postage, but these need to be sold first for the frame to be split.

Any questions and/or ideas you have would be welcomed (should I bother putting it on Ebay??). Appreciate any ideas you guys have as this bike NEEDS to go to a good retro bikers home.

Cheers

Attachments

• MF6.jpg
    MF6.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,840
  • MF5.jpg
    MF5.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,837
  • MF4.jpg
    MF4.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,837
  • MF3.jpg
    MF3.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,839
  • MF2.jpg
    MF2.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,839
  • MF1.jpg
    MF1.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 1,838
Sorry - kind of feel I need to justify the price. It was fully serviced with new cables, grips and I bought the brake levers and thumbies to put on (as the old ones were in terrible condition)... so in all, this totalled NZD$300 which is GBP150.00 on current XE rates.

Cheers :D

Mahoney1978":2qn8xkkh said:
Sorry - kind of feel I need to justify the price. It was fully serviced with new cables, grips and I bought the brake levers and thumbies to put on (as the old ones were in terrible condition)... so in all, this totalled NZD$300 which is GBP150.00 on current XE rates.

Don't apologise - it's a bargain at £150. Worth considering at £350 posted IMO.

Good luck with the sale - needless to say you'd make more if you split it.

Dibs on the chainrings ;)

nevadasmith":24kfpmb0 said:
Mahoney1978":24kfpmb0 said:

Don't apologise - it's a bargain at £150. Worth considering at £350 posted IMO.

Good luck with the sale - needless to say you'd make more if you split it.

Dibs on the chainrings ;)

Haha... thanks for the comments. Really don't want to split it as it's pretty much like it was when it rolled off the shop floor. However, if someone wants the frame badly enough, I will split her down.

Happy to negotiate re: frame if anyone is interested.....

Ask all your Aunties, Uncles, brothers etc if they are coming to New Zealand and fancy bringing you home a pressie!! haha

Back