For Sale 1990 muddy fox courier comp, very good condition

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
hey guys,

i got this a month ago, i already have one, i bought it because it is so original and in such good condition, i think every part is original, i was gonna steel the original grips and saddle but decided that was a crappy thing to do and i'm pretty happy with mine as is, so i have decided to sell it.

the good:-
paint is original, only slightly faded in a few small places, yes there are a few chips, but it's 32 years old!!!
when i got it it was very dusty, i checked the chain wear with a park tool chain wear gauge, it read 0.5! who ever originally owned this barely used it!! so i have had the gearset off and properly cleaned it. i have replaced all the cable inners as the old ones had rusted, i deliberately re-used the outers as they look appropriate to the bike. the bearings all spin ok.

the bad:-
i have noticed small cracking where the seat clamp QR is, now i'm not worried about this, 2 reasons, it's steel, so there's flex and it's sort of expected at 32 years, the other reason i am not worried is that even if the worst happens and one of the parts breaks off the tube is the right size (31.8mm) to remove the other mount and fit a standard seat collar. the tyres although original are perished, the front i have inflated and it's rideable, the rear however i have inflated but only enough to give shape as the tyre is perished through on the non drive side. only other thing is having not ridden 400lx gears since 1991 i forgot how clunky they are! oh and there is a little cut on the back of the saddle.

overall i think it's cool. find some appropriate tyres . keep an eye on the back of the seat clamp and you have a cool retro bike!

size is 18" centre of BB to centre of top tube/seat tube junction, to top it's just over 19", i'm 5'9" and it fits me, but at that height it's quite a drop to the bar.

yours for £200 ono collected from SO45 which is New Forest near Southampton, or i will pack it in a box and you can arrange collection (or courier! ;) )

cc1.jpg

cc4.jpg

cc3.jpg

cc2.jpg

cc5.jpg

Latest posts

Back