1990 Marin Pine Mountain. Little progress.

Which wheels?

• Ritchey Rock?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mavic 121?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ahh..1990 you say? So does that mean its a Pine Mountain due to the colour of its forks, stem etc? Hope not as I acquired it as an Eldridge Grade :shock: although the moidel stickers were missing from the frame.
Might not be as keen to crack on with it if its a Pine Mountain :(
Were the tubes different grades on the different models or just different components?

I wish to retract my previous statement :D
I thought the Pine Mountain was well done the model list for some reason :? but if 1990 is the same as 1991 it seems it was above the Eldridge which is nice.....
THE POST IS OUT :oops:
I enlisted the help of a large vice and one other large human, clamped the post in the vice and did the twist :cool:

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 5,261
Pine Mountain- bonus!

I remember drooling over the Marin range circa 1990 in Reg Braddick Cycles Cardiff.

What's the frame number?

There's a Marin frame number thread here somewhere that should allow you to determine both the model and year and from the frame number.

1990 Eldridge

here's mine - it's missing the "Eldridge Grade" decals but defo Eldridge by the serial no & LX/DX group.
For sale if anyone is interested £140.

Attachments

• P3170001.JPG
    P3170001.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 1,516

/\ Nice bike mate. Can't see the frame no at the mo due to the screw in the cable guige being knackered, thats the next job :D

Getting a bit ahead of the game :D A couple of bits turned up for this today :cool: bit of a polish required but generally really nice :D

Attachments

• dx  marin bits 002.JPG
    dx marin bits 002.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,483

I've been getting some parts together for this.
Can't decide on wheels :?
I have Ritchey Rock rims on black LX 7 speed hubs, which I think are from about 1992-3.
I also have Mavic 121 SUP rims on black LX 8 speed hubs which I assume are more recent than the Ritchey's but i'm not sure.
Which would be most appropriate?

Back