1990 Marin Eldridge Grade - NeonYellow&NeonPinkSplatter!

juice":2qu8ja5i said:
I guess after all this time my build takes you are the only one left who is interested in it besides myself.

Not so... At least I find it very interesting :) Keep it going!

juice":2qu8ja5i said:
Being used to how simple Shimano brakes are set up, all this turquoise CNC loveliness does looks ace in my opinion but it is really a pain in the ass to adjust these thingies correct.

That´s true :p

I would really like to have a handy anodizer... but none of that around here...

@juice ,
You've made an amazing job of the build even though it has been going on for a while now i find myself eagerly awaiting each update but now it's nearing the end i don't want it to finish but i really do love the way it's all come together even if allen keys are lost in the process ;) .

It certainly is looking the part now and i reckon all the trouble of getting the details right has been worth every bit of time and effort you've put into it :cool: ..

Thanks for all your comments guys.

@Davichin: I imagine that living on Canary Island is way cooler than to live 2 hours away from an anodizer.
I checked out your homepage, which by the way works superbe with my ipad, and i have to say you good sir are taking excellent pictures! :cool:

@muddy paw: Yeah well the past few years since i'm doing this build it was more about the journey than the finished thing.
Now that most of it is done it is that kind of eye candy that i always wanted when i bought this bike back in 1991 but now my thoughts aren't any more about the look of the bike.
Now the question is about how all the little things and the bike as a whole will perform.
But first i have to go through the hell of adjusting those brakes. :)

@addicted: My body and especially my knees are in no shape to constand beat the hell out of this bike but i will do my best to use it as intended. Living next to the Alps will help that cause. :)

Re:

re: your lost allen key ... always always spread a clean drop sheet out beneath your work area, when handling small parts on an uneven surface/ground (tiny bits seem to want to blend in and disappear in grass, dirt, or earth)!

;)

Beatiful bike!

@Juice ,

Yes it is certainly the best eye candy that i've seen but when you've finally set everything up i'll be looking forward to the 1st update after you've ridden it properly and are eagerly wanting to shout about it and yes it's really awesome to know you've finally got the bike the way you originally wanted it to be after all this time ;) ..

juice":29m5yxve said:
Thanks for all your comments guys.

@Davichin: I imagine that living on Canary Island is way cooler than to live 2 hours away from an anodizer.
I checked out your homepage, which by the way works superbe with my ipad, and i have to say you good sir are taking excellent pictures! :cool:

Well, I don´t complain :p although I miss the snow and -only sometimes- real winters as when I lived in Santander in the north coast... and the Alps are not bad place at all either! :)

Back