BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
I didn't see myself selling this but it's never ridden and doesn't even get stored where I can appreciate it, so here we are.
The full details are in my build thread along with many photo's but in summary the 1990 flagship model was, like other manufacturers also chose, built around a stock 1990 Merlin Mountain frame adorned with additional Kona decals and parts spec'd by Kona.

Build thread: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=280832

The parts are as listed in the build thread with one exception - the original nos chain rusted and was replaced with another Shimano chain recently. The bearings in the press fit bb could do with being replaced in the near future but other than that it's good to go. Parts are mostly XT and were either nos or in excellent condition when the bike was put together. I'm ashamed to say that it's done less than 100 (dry) miles since. Highlights include Kona Maximum/Reaction tyres in excellent condition, Joe's clips, Brodie booster on the u-brake, 1st gen Velocity stem and of course the Track 2 fork.

I'm asking £1300 for this former BotM winner and am happy to post pretty much anywhere at buyers cost. Local collection is very much welcomed too.

Note: Photo's aren't recent but bike has been stored under a blanket and those who saw it at Iconoclassic in the summer can maybe vouch for its condition.

Back