1990 Kona Cinder Cone splatter - Cracking!

Re: Re:

jimo746":xeffjkdr said:
2. I stupidly lost the bolt for the bottom bracket mounted cable guide :oops: the cable tension is keeping the guide in place at the moment, seems ok, I've seen replacement cable guides & bolt for sale, are the bolts a common size? As the one on this bike seems like it's an M10 or something :?

Not sure of the size, they used to be grease port bolts so a bit bigger than normal. Might be best to leave as a hole. Just a dab of glue or double sided tape on the guide and along with the cable tension it will be fine :)

mark

Re: Re:

jimo746":3jtblt2o said:
2. I stupidly lost the bolt for the bottom bracket mounted cable guide ...

I maybe can help, I need to find the BB from my Kona first :)

Re:

looking good Jim, will get on with my Cinder Cone later in the year hopefully. Did he manage to get a dowel section in to the tubes before welding or did he just weld up the crack? will be fine as you say for commuting duties either way though I'm sure.
Looks to be a similar size to the Lava Dome I sold to Mr Panda, think that was a 21" (so no danger of me ever riding it :LOL: ).

Re:

I think he just Welded it tbh, can’t complain though for what it cost me.
I think if it does go again then it’ll be goodbye frame and just transfer the parts onto something else.

Needs some red and blue spots, not dificult to do with some sprays cans :)

Nice to see again repaired.

Latest posts

Back