1990 Kona Cinder Cone - Now Defunct

kase1983

curious that a bike that old has no rack mounts?

I had them cut off, that is what a rucksack is for ;)

lewis1641
i have an xc pro front hub on the way to me that is surplus if you fancy rebuilding the wheel

Cheers Lewis, but no one can tell it's a COMP when it's spinning :D

toadoftoadhall
Lovely parts but why refinish the frame seems a waste.

Cos I have this to remind me what a real Kona looks like. LOL ;)

4159667993_14af6c56b4_b.jpg

Cheers for the comments, this is another one that lives at my mum & dad's :oops: , so I will get it done when i can

Very nice, love the component choice Suntour stuff of that era really does have an air of quality about it.

Shame the paint on the 89/90 is so hard to replicate, likewise the decals. Had exactly the same dilemma with mine and ended up with a fun looking bike that didn't cost the earth to get right.

As for your Explosif :cool: :cool: years ahead of its time.

Not much really, just a few more Suntour components. "Hardliner Brake" "Accushift Gears & a nice Suntour Seat Q/R (it isn't rust on it, just the pic).
Unfortunately, I won't be shimano free, as no one has a new 1" Suntour Pro H/S & i'm not paying £80 on Ebay (I have an XT one instead). Plus I can't justify £60 odd on a 26.6mm XC Pro seatpost either (have a Tioga Prestige). Should be done in a couple of weeks though. :)

Cheers...Nick

4529025684_f7fba245d4_b.jpg

kona

gunna look tops when its finished. wouldnt mind those nos parts for my 1990 lava dome (future project)

kirbdug

Gotta say BITD I didn't really take much notice of Suntour stuff.. but wow :shock: some of those parts are damn good looking! Like that front mech.. that's gotta be the sleekest/sexiest front mech I've ever seen!!! ;) (come here you pretty little thing :twisted: )

Why does Suntour not have the rep that Shimano has? I mean does the stuff work well? If it works half as good as it looks it's got to be at least ok..??

Thanks to the bloke ruining the frame with his cackhanded attempt to lacquer it (he only took 2 months to get round to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) i'm currently left with a Uni-cycle until he blasts/recoats/(take somewhere else to get the lacquer done). Good job i'm so good natured. No laughing.
:D :D :D

4665050959_9ce8ebde7a_b.jpg

4665051341_f17db06746_b.jpg

Back