1990 Kili Flyer Comp

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
I am pretty sure this is a 1990 or 1991 model. It was purchased by me brand new in late 1991. Excuse its condition but it has had a very eventful life. It was extensively raced throughout the 90's with various parts being replaced with whatever was available at the time. Brakes are original including the rear cable! The original STI expired pretty quickly so I hacksawed them off so I could reuse the brake levers. I was a very poor student at the time. Cranks and the inner and outer rings are original. I have just fitted the fifth middle ring. Until recently it was a street/touring machine but since joining the forum it once more crashes around offroad.

The one upgrade I always wanted but could never afford was a disk drive wheel. What do you think? Should I or shouldn't I??

Attachments

• Kili#1.jpg
    Kili#1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 844
  • Kili#2.jpg
    Kili#2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 844
  • Kili#3.jpg
    Kili#3.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 844
Oooh I had one of those bottle cages and I too remember fitting suspension forks (Scott Unishocks) to save weight ;)

Love to see bikes which have been owned from new and have a bit of history. Why can't I ever hang onto anything for longer than a couple of months :(

Back