1990/91 Saracen Super Edition

mattbrown

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
A kind chap on fb was offering this and a 1996 GT Backwoods for free, so with it not too far from me I jumped at the offer. Although I was lured by the GT the more I've fettled with this the more I like it.

I've had to replace the front gear cable (the cables did go to the wrong shifters). Also the Seatpost had to be replaced as it was scored to hell, and also the seat (not original). The bars came with the bike, but also aren't original and they'll stay for the time being. Other than that the rest is original. And the black ano on the front rim is virtually all still there, but the tires are shot and will need to be replaced.

I can only find two other references to the Super Edition (both here), hence another reason for keeping. IMG_20230820_162345.jpg

Frame looks to be the same as a 1991 Traverse Hydrotech with fewer frame graphics and cantis instead of Maguras.

I was under the impression, its a 1990 frame badge for 1991 to sell off old stocks of frames. It looks like a 1990 Tufftrax Competition as far as I can see.

The shorter head tube is because its a smaller frame and the graphics could have been applied to an older frame to make it more modern, hence old frame with newer parts to clear stock.

Latest posts

Back