1989 overburys pioneer finished (pics pg-9)

Re: another bloomin british steel project-overburys pioneer

DICKO10":27c27082 said:
This is gonna be a good looking gate when it's finished are u keeping the forks ??
cheers dude
I am for now, they're getting blasted as well so when it gets painted it'll all match, id love some early rc35s but they're a bit hard to source at mo :(

videojetman":2iiroia2 said:
What's happening with that old chainset ? Will you re use ? I only ask because I have a bike in need of a chainset.

its only the drive side buddy but i rek ive a spare non drive but it'll not match. rings appear okay, £10 posted?

longun":2sutifyu said:
videojetman":2sutifyu said:
What's happening with that old chainset ? Will you re use ? I only ask because I have a bike in need of a chainset.

its only the drive side buddy but i rek ive a spare non drive but it'll not match. rings appear okay, £10 posted?
Sold. Pm your PayPal etc and I'll sort payment today. Thanks.

There's a couple of those on ebay for £20-30 ;)

videojetman":ndxzrm4j said:
longun":ndxzrm4j said:
videojetman":ndxzrm4j said:

Sold. Pm your PayPal etc and I'll sort payment today. Thanks.

chrislongbone@hotmail.com

let me check and get you a pic first though dudey :)

Re:

Quickie, the blasting company had a major fault today so the frame has jot been done, should be collecting it sunday now.....

I have kinda picked a colour although it doesnt quite match the can haha

kinda bright copper.....ish. with better prep on the actual frame it should be alot better

is this the original stem do we think?

with some wheels on just to see what its stance is like

So how big is it exactly? 20/21"?

The History Man":380vlryl said:
So how big is it exactly? 20/21"?

21 iirc, ill check when i get it back

popped to see a mate while sprog was ay gymnastics.......and ended up coming home with these :D

i will see how it all looks with either black or silver finishing kit and decide then, but another to do thing done :shock: quicker than usual haha

update time

frames back, blasted and now in primer.

questioning whether i want to have the drop out hole filled or not, its been like that since 89 so should be okay for me and its simple life in lincs.........and the peaks ;) ..........unsure

pics

primed

we have a frame number!!!!!!!!

forks and stem are drying as we speak. quite chuffed thus far. turns out the seatpost is not 27.2 as id thought............and nearly bought a post for. an old 26.6 fits like a glove and measures the same with the venier gauge so ill get either gloss black or silver depending on finding a matching post and bar.

Latest posts

Back