1989 Marin Pine Mountain......slow burner

Re:

Interesting info. Thanks! Damn, would have loved to get that one in the link. I'd bend the forks on mine and replaced them with Syncros ones. Never saw another in the pink and yellow nor one with cant's in the back. Mine was a 17". So I guess 19" and up had cant's. The U was the only issue with that bike. What a crud catcher! :facepalm: :p Dunno if I still have the neon bars but I'm sure I have the stem. Swapped it for a Ritchey that was longer.
Friend was riding for a while after I built up my Tom T. built "Hot". Unfortunately stolen from the condo lock up. Curse those bastard thieves. Didn't realize it was a team only color.

Interesting to see the Team coloured version of the Pine Mountain - cheers guys, I never realised.

Wondering whether to paint mine up as a replica now as I really like that colourway.....would that be bad? Reckon I've got most of the groupset already too.....I was planning to go XT on everything. Wheels I have are grey RM17s instead of the black RM20s though (and I'm guessing black RM20s are rarer than hens teeth).

Hmmmm......

Re:

As the lesser seen of the Marin greys - the pale grey would be worth keeping.

That said, if it were beyond rescue there'd be no harm in painting the same model in its alternative colour. (I have a 1991 Zolatone Bear Valley frame set that I was looking to respray with the 1991 BV Rasta Fade paint job.)

The other Pine Mountain colour scheme to consider from around this time (1990?) is the Neon Green to Neon Yellow fade. Lovely! :D

Apologies if the photos belong to anyone here.

Attachments

• 1990 Marin Pine Mountain 06.jpg
    1990 Marin Pine Mountain 06.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 705
  • Marin Pine Mountain fade copy.jpg
    Marin Pine Mountain fade copy.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 705
Back