1989 Carrera Quattro Comp £250 BIN

Iconic is not a word i would use either, the higher end early ones like this were made by those responsible for Saracen Bitd.
The build and assembly straight out of the box was excellent. it was backed up with some quite well thought out early adverts too, so much so Halfords (or the Boots group as it was then). Sold more of these Nationally than any Comparable Raleigh, (price point for price point). (FACT). Although it wasn't hard given how difficult a time Raleigh were having at the time, especially with the direction and image challenges in an ever increasing market place.

Obviously there was a fashion for that grey-purple smoke effect paint back then too.....like Diamondback Apex/Ascent....sure another brand did the same...
Theres an abandoned one of these in the same frame size with flat tyres chained to railings next door to a friends flat in St.Leonards if anyone has a set of bolt croppers.

Obviously there was a fashion for that grey-purple smoke effect paint back then too.....like Diamondback Apex/Ascent....sure another brand did the same...
Theres an abandoned one of these in the same frame size with flat tyres chained to railings next door to a friends flat in St.Leonards if anyone has a set of bolt croppers.
is it still there

There was one on marketplace the other day for £20 I think it was. I just couldn't face the 200 mile round trip to Birmingham. I was hoping my brother was going to get it for me as he is closer but then it disappeared so I presume it was sold. They are actually not too bad. I sold mine a while back to someone on here but missed it so got another.

Back