1988 MOUNTAIN KLEIN

futuristicoldman

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My wedding is a couple of weeks away and i'm still trying to scrape enough £££'s together to cover everything, I had hoped another bike of mine would be in a completed state and sold by now but it doesn't look like it will be done in time so i'm popping up the bike that I thought i'd never sell......Behold, the Mountain Klein
Unlike most Kleins out there......

You don't need to worry about scratching your precious paint because it has none.

You don't need to worry if you will ever walk again, this one is no race machine its an easy rider, built for the discerning gentleman.

You don't need to worry if everybody around you thinks that your bike is a polished penis substitute, when you ride this one everybody can tell that you have a fine weighty piece and you don't care what they think.

You don't need to put a £500 cnc'd mech on the back of this to look special, this one has 3 jockey wheels. What could possibly be more special.

Its a Mountain Klein and unlike all the attitudes out there it doesn't look more futuristic than all the 2015 bikes out there, this fellow is 80's through and through. It was born sometime around 1988, its a 20" frame, set up as you see it for myself at a shade over 6.1". I recon you could ride it as it stands down to 5 ft 10"
Mavic paris dakar hubs on m261's
Suntour holey roller cams front and rear (they were brand new about 50 miles ago)
Specialized chain set with titanium bolts and Zero titanium self extractors
Regal giradi saddle
xt thumbs, f/mech and 4 finger brake levers
Ross "eyeball" stem, (aka the poor mans cook bros dogbone) the heaviest stem you will ever see but suits the bike a treat
wtb tyres
Breezer hite rite
xt h/set
modernish easton rizers and truvativ seatpin
When I can remember what I did with them theres a pair of early sun tour xc pro non grease guard pedals (not shown)
Suntour xc "triple clanger" rear mech
All in all a beautiful bike that rides like a cruiser and puts a big smile on my face every time I swing a leg over it.
If it does not go anywhere this week I will be withdrawing it from sale and keeping hold of it. Please do not ask if I will pick it apart into small bits and sell them off in all directions, I am going to sell it as a whole or keep it.

You don't need to be rich to ride this fine steed, its not the princely sum of £3999, its just £399
I can post within mainland UK for £15

Re:

Ok I know my picture is terrible, I'll do some better pics in the light of day tomorrow. Likewise I haven't given it a clean as yet, it will sparkle like an angels teeth before it goes anywhere.
Ta

Attachments

• mk1.jpg
    mk1.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 806
Re: The only good looking Klein in the world is for sale

Really nice add. And nice Klein! Well priced.

Most certain stands out from my MC2 Attitude. :)

Re:

The little fellow on the down tube is a cageless bottle cage. Its quite possibly the best bottle holder ever made............Uses magnets to hold everything in place.

Re:

I had secretly hoped that my daft description might have started a barrage of kleinabuse. It's all a wicked joke really, i'm just as fond of the glitzy stuff :D

Back